This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Deal on an H in the Works

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Deal on an H in the Works

Postby Stanton » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:37 am

Just want to share a little of my weekend with you all...

So, here I am fervently working away on the #100 Manure Spreader (almost done!) and my wife comes out with phone-in-hand asking if I can take a phone call...sure...it was my neighbor down the road.

Background: last Spring while riding on his motorcycle, a passenger van crossed over into his lane and struck him head on. At the last moment, he laid his bike down, going wheels first in/under the front of the van, but the van impacted him and knocked him 40 feet into the air and off the road into the embankment. Witnesses at the scene immediately stopped and offered first-aid. He was bleeding from the left leg that had contacted the road surface when he laid the bike over. Witnesses used whatever they had to tie off the leg to keep him from bleeding out; the leg was a mangled mess and would later be amputated above the knee. When he arrived at the hospital, he had five or six ties and belts around his upper left leg. He also suffered a broken right ankle and injured his wrist. There where no other major injuries or broken bones. Helmet protected his head. Providentially enough, while the accident had just occurred, a Life-Flight helicopter was flying overhead, returning to base. They saw the scene and made an emergency landing and transported him to the hospital. My neighbor is in his early 70's.

I say all this because now with a prosthetic leg, his family has convinced him that he no longer needs to be up on his H tractor. He acquired it from his dad who was too old to be getting up on it. Since my friend doesn't farm, nor is in to tractors, I've teased him for years about selling it to me. He had it in an outbuilding for a while, then it appeared earlier this summer in his backyard. I stopped by for a visit and teased him that he'd set his H out so I would see it and come by to talk about it. :)

On the phone, he said if I was still interested, he'd sell it to me. We set up a time this coming Saturday for me to go look at it. It's not perfect or in top shape, but it runs and would be a to own, even if for a while. I'll let you know what transpires...

P.S. Keep my friend in your prayers. He's in his retirement years, yet had no thoughts of living out the rest of his life in this condition. One good thing is that he has a high value on life, a great attitude, and a desire for others to be safe on the road. Since the accident, his parting words each time to all is: "Be careful out there."
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

midmo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65018
Tractors Owned: 1947 cub #11248
1948 #39811 trimmed dash
1950 VAC Case
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Deal on an H in the Works

Postby midmo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:59 am

Fortune-teller: "I see a new shed in the future".

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”