This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I spotted a red square nose?? Anyone.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

I spotted a red square nose?? Anyone.

Postby Thackery » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Just coincidence, but I spotted a red square nose being towed by a silver pick-up. It was heading south on I-75 near Florence KY, this was on Thursday, Oct 3rd.
Anyone I know????

I also happened to be talking to my 2nd cousin who I have not seen for at least 25 years and found out he lives a couple of miles from Barnyard.

Wow, he likes tractors as well so I will be giving him a call for next years Barnyard Bash so we can meet and talk tractors, etc. Pretty cool.

Oh, almost forgot, about 6 weeks ago I was at a farm auction in my neighborhood and spotted another forum member and previous Cubfest host Gene Dotson.

Gene lives about 35 miles north of me but I was still surprised to see him. His Cubfest (I think Gene said 2008) was the first I attended, and the first place I met anyone on the forum.

I also bought and of course was given a couple of parts from Ralph at the very same Cubfest.

Really nice to have a network of friends all due to a little old tractor and this forum.

Thackery
1953 Cub, Sickle Mower, 42" Mower, Cultivators, 189 Double Plow, 54 Blade, Grader Blade
1968 Lo-Boy w/1000 Loader, 1957 Lo-Boy w/FH, FH Disc, FH Potato Plow.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: I spotted a red square nose?? Anyone.

Postby Barnyard » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:46 pm

Thackery wrote:I spotted a red square nose being towed by a silver pick-up. It was heading south on I-75 near Florence KY,

I better go check my inventory. There are supposed to be two of them in the barnyard. Are you sure the one you saw wasn't headed to Ralph's since he lives right down the road from the Florence Mall ya'll.

Glad to see you still posting. Bring your cousin along sometime, he'll love it.

Yes, Gene's CubFest was 2008. I remember eating pizza with Cecil and Lurker Carl one evening there. Long, but funny, story. However I had the pleasure of touring your place with you in December 2007
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Groove Critter
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44045
Tractors Owned: 1948 cub (Sophie)
1949 cub Loren
1954 cub Nussie

Postby Groove Critter » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi Thakery,
Its been a while since I met you, Barnyard, Evilboewevil (spelling?), Denny Clayton, Ralph, Camo and many others when Bill Hudson & I took a ride down to Ralph's for shop day. Euclid, Ohio rings a bell right? Good to see you posting here. There is a real nice red square nose near me here too; one of only two I have come across.
Dave
The glass is half full
the upper portion is wasted material
the content is delicious, cold and refreshing!

Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thackery » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:25 pm

OK, Gene must have hosted twice at least, so it was earlier than 2008 and later than 2005 when I joined the forum. I know I was there before I met you Bill. I think I bought a draw bar from Ralph I believe it was number #18 or #19, as I think Ralph was numbering his parts or tear downs at that time.

I knew I was in Ralph's neighborhood when I saw the square nose. I think I may have been in sight of the water tower.

I thought of you and Ralph when I was there.

I still get on the forum and read once in a while but I sure have been busy and not had much time to post.

When my cousin said he lived in Harrison, I was sure shocked, then I told him that I go to a tractor event on Oxford Rd and he said that is practically his backyard.

I surely will let him know when I will be there for the Bash. He knows of your place already, he thought you just cleaned out the barn every year or so. Ha, I have to admit I chuckled at that one.

Wow, good memory Groove Critter, pulling out the Euclid Ohio on me, that surprised me.

Yep, I remember stopping by for a brief visit to Ralph's at least twice, once I rode with Denny Clayton, once I stopped by with my wife on the way to KY.
I know that visit was nearly 6 years ago. My wife and I talked about it when we went by Ralph's this time. She does't feel that same way about tractors as we do, so that visit sticks out in our minds a bit. Please don't think badly of her, I got her to live in the country, raise chickens, and put up with me for nearly 20 years so she really is a good person, just not to keen on old combustion engines. Huh.

Take Care, Thackery
1953 Cub, Sickle Mower, 42" Mower, Cultivators, 189 Double Plow, 54 Blade, Grader Blade

Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thackery » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:27 pm

Groove Critter, I see you are a Grand River resident, I just got back from Thompson,Painesville, and Euclid.
Thackery

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Thackery wrote:Groove Critter, I see you are a Grand River resident, I just got back from Thompson,Painesville, and Euclid.
Thackery

Doug,

You were in my neighborhood, Thompson and Painesville. Let me know next time.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Groove Critter
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44045
Tractors Owned: 1948 cub (Sophie)
1949 cub Loren
1954 cub Nussie

Postby Groove Critter » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Yep, me too. Stop out next time.
Dave
ps on a good day I could throw a rock to Painesville.
The glass is half full
the upper portion is wasted material
the content is delicious, cold and refreshing!

Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thackery » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:13 pm

We were only in and around town for a quick visit, my Grandma passed away at the age of 93+, and we came up for the service.
It was actually a good time seeing all the family etc, Grandma lived with my Aunt with minimal assistance until a week or so before she passed.

Bill, I knew I was in your neighborhood, and we talked about giving you a call, but had a 36 hour turn around.
I will keep Bill and Groove in mind next time we head that way.

We were actually looking for a place to camp,(we were coming back from a camping trip in NC and were towing our pop-up).
We found a campground in Thompson that was not closed for the season, but it was a real dump, so we spent the second night at my aunts place.
We should have gone to the State campground at Geneva but had not planned ahead.

After the nasty campground experience, I'm actually thinking of doing a couple modifications so I can have one or two utility hook ups here at my place, in case anyone ever needs to hook up for a night or two while traveling. Has anyone else done this sort of thing for family or friends?

Thackery

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:06 am

Thackery wrote:OK, Gene must have hosted twice at least, so it was earlier than 2008 and later than 2005 when I joined the forum. I know I was there before I met you Bill.

Doug, Gene hosted a Cub Fest in both 2006 and 2008. I think it was there in 2006 that I met you. It was my first one, also. (They were quieter then, before Bill joined in. :shock: :lol: :lol: )
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:53 am

Groove Critter wrote:... There is a real nice red square nose near me here too;...

You betcha!!! It probably has not set out a day in its life.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

vttrailboss
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 05701

Postby vttrailboss » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:34 am

Kind of Ironic... I was driving my silver pick-up, with a 1963 (square nose) cub on Rt 7 through Florence VT yesterday. I'm new to larger tractors, and have always liked the cubs.

Looking forward to expanding the garden, and working my new toy.

JT

Return to “Farmall Cub”