This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Snagged a Hub City model 22

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.
Circle of Safety: Y

Snagged a Hub City model 22

Postby Redcub » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Found a Hub City model 22 today.
It does not have the 31/32" 10 spine female shaft input, and its not the 2.53 ratio, it is 2.1. That means with a little bit of help from an adapter kit I'll have it running just like a song. I'll buy the parts one piece at a time, it will cost me quite a dime, but I'll have the only one there is around. I will make a bracket mount for it and let you know how it turns out. Not a ideal find but, if you gotta have one... Part of being a Cubber is making things work, so lets see if it does or not.

I paid $250 cash. Comments on the price vs buying the all the adapters? Recently see any for sale out there? How much?

Song by?...
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Re: Snagged a Hub City model 22

Postby Boss Hog » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:22 pm

saw this on e bay but I had no use for it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271286698568?ss ... 1438.l2649
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.

Postby Redcub » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:28 pm

Went for $257?? And it had the round PTO plate mount. Nice find for the guy that bought it.
Looks like I fell in to a burning ring of fire maybe? Thanks Boss.
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

Eoghan
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14103
Tractors Owned: 1955 farmall cub w/ fast hitch
Implements:
fast hitch moldboard plow
fast hitch disc harrow
front blade
Danco c-3 mower

Postby Eoghan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:09 pm

I saw that one on ebay too. I remembered hearing they were rare, so i was watching it. guess I wasn't the only one, the price sure went up quick.

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby indy61 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:58 am

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:11 am

Those are some really great prices. Guess I overpaid for mine. :oops:
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:22 am

Those are not normal prices... not at all. In fact, if I had seen HC-22's for a Cub at that price, I would have become the new owner :!: The normal prices usually are around $500.00 to $700.00 which makes the 22's a major purchase. Right up there with Howard DeSpeeders.

I had looked at a lot of other Hub City-22's over the last year or so .. trying to learn the difference to make buying easier. I learned a bit, but the buying still can be confusing. If you were happy with your purchase and the kits will do what you need .. then you got a good deal. Especially in an area where these are so rare :!: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Papa's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31553
Tractors Owned: 1966 Int'l Cub, C-2 mower 2005 Farm-Trac, 7ft Harrows and Box blade 1976 Int'l Cub, Woods 59 mower, Turn Plow, Full set of cultivators, Harrows, 174 Planter & Fertilizer unit 1953 Farmall Cub,full set of spring cultivators, wheel weights,
PTO belt pulley, snow plow and misc parts.

Postby Papa's Cub » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:22 am

I'm not sure, but, it looks like someone just listed one of these units in the Classified Ads section on this site.
If you always do what you've always done -- you'll always get what you've always got!

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Redcub » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:40 am

Ind61: $99 ! WOW! Somebody sure scored big on that one? Thanks for the post, it gave me a close up on the bracket I need to make.
Rudi: Yeah that's what I thought, that they can go for the price of a rough rusted Cub. I will bring this post back to the top when I get all the parts, with pics of course.
"Steam and Gasoline"

bythepond88
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60073

Postby bythepond88 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:56 am

Song by Johnny Cash.
Michael Cummings
Eddie - a 1959 International Lo-Boy named after my father in law, who who bought her new.

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby indy61 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:15 pm

Redcub wrote:Ind61: $99 ! WOW! Somebody sure scored big on that one?

Yea it didn't last long, had a buy-it now price at 99.00. I was checking the feedback on the seller and before I knew it, it was sold. I had no use for it other than to resell and make a little money. I don't even know why someone would want one other than to say they did?

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Redcub » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:45 am

Found out a new model 22 is about $1150 retail, plus shipping, 3 adapters, and the need for a mount bracket. So maybe I did ok.

Papa's Cub: No, that is a Howard CD-6 Despeeder "creep gear" ( sort of ). It mounts between the left axle tube and the final drive to cut down the speed by about 1/2 in all gears. Fairly rare and should fetch $700-1000. Make sure it has the plate with the shaft seal, they tend to get left behind on the tractor with all the grease hiding it. I hope a member buys it. Makes tilling a breeze, I am told, just like a modern tractor with a factory creep gear. The Howard L-28 tiller would be a fine addition to your Cub if you can land one, and would not need the HC-22 because it was special made just for the Cub. The Howard S-28 was made for the A, B, and 100. That unit would need a Hub City model 22, Prewitt, or homemade PTO reducer/reverser set up. Members here say that the Cub is a little to fast in first gear to do a good job tilling with certain soils and the CD-6 fixes that and gives bragging rights galore. ( insert Samson pic here from Gator809 )

Indy61: Why own one? To run a modern piece of equipment that requires 540 RPM in a Clockwise direction. Sure,.. you will need a 3 point conversion, or change the implement to IH Fast Hitch, or draw bar, and your wallet, plus some tools, and BBQ ribs :beer: , etc. And sadly, as we all know, the Cub PTO stops when you push in the clutch. ( very sad indeed, but I love the Cub) Or, a Cub owner can buy equipment that is made just for Cubs ( woods mower, IH sickle bar cutter, fail mower, etc ) that are set up for the 1800 RPM, C-CW rotation PTO.

All: Owning one is just a way to expand the usefulness of a tractor that many people say to me "why the heck would you own a tractor like a Cub? They are worthless junk"
You can read more here about the topic: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61884
I am hoping that having one opens up a whole new realm of junk I can haul home and say "yup, I can make that work with a Cub"

Yes Rudi, I now have 2 of them. Shhhh. Don't tell her. :lol:
Will most likely sell one here when I get all parts together so it is work ready. Don't want new owner to hunt for parts.
"Steam and Gasoline"

Return to “Farmall Cub”