This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

The Story Behind TSC's Low Battery Price

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

The Story Behind TSC's Low Battery Price

Postby Barnyard » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:59 pm

I planned to drop a load of tables/chairs/etc at CI CubFest this morning so I went on line yesterday to find the stores along my route with $44.99 6v batteries. I found one store in Muncie and another in New Castle that had them at that price. I only have six good batteries so it wouldn't hurt for me to pick up a half dozen more. Since I could follow the back roads home, this little detour would only add another half hour to the trip not counting the time to go in the store. I loaded six cores and headed for Bud's. I called ahead to the Muncie store to confirm availability and price before heading their way. The guy said yes the price was right and they had four in stock.

When I got there I picked up the four they had and asked the girl at the counter why there was a difference in price from our stores around Cincinnati. She said it was because there was a Rural King just down the road with a $44.99 price so TSC matches the price to keep up with the competition. The New Castle store was about several miles down the main road we were traveling so stopping there was a piece of cake. A half mile before we got there we saw a Rural King. Sure enough, $44.99 for the batteries because of their neighboring competitor. I grabbed two more batteries and headed for the barnyard.

By the way, the steering wheel on my truck has been showing a bit of wear already and on the way home from the Rocky Mountain CubFest last week Rosie suggested I get a steering wheel cover. While we were in the Muncie TSC she spotted just what I needed so I splurged and spent ten bucks on the truck.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Re: The Story Behind TSC's Low Battery Price

Postby tst » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:03 pm

those batteries are $80 here in NY

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:14 pm

...and $90 in CT for the Exide 6V Com-1-HP with 625 Cold Cranking Amps.
Sure would like to get the same battery for $45 my Cub. I need to replace mine soon.
Are we getting ripped off or what?

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:53 am

Interstate batteries here are $90.00, having him check on blemished battery.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C

Postby Smokeycub » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Barnyard wrote:I picked up the four they had
Barnyard wrote: I grabbed two more batteries
You should get "fleet" pricing! :D
Barnyard wrote:A half mile before we got there we saw a Rural King. Sure enough, $44.99 for the batteries because of their neighboring competitor
Who was that - TSC? Good job on making the best of a good deal!
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:45 pm

That's a good price for a new battery. I started buying "seconds" from a local seller
a few years ago. They last as long as the "firsts" and I only pay $35 each for them.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Off Topic”