This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need help installing new shifter forks on my 154

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
USMARINE2007
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13309

Need help installing new shifter forks on my 154

Postby USMARINE2007 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:54 am

I bought a 154 lo-boy from a guy who said the 2nd and 3rd shifter fork was bad, well he was partially right, both forks where broken. I finally got the new ones in the mail yesterday but I am struggling on how to get them re installed properly. The rods which hold the forks in place have three slots where the ball and spring hold them in place, but which slot do I use, the first one towards the front of the tractor? The middle one? or the the one towards the rear of the tractor? Please help me. Thankshttp://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/ ... &p=644868#

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Need help installing new shifter forks on my 154

Postby Cecil » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:18 pm

There should be a grove in the rod where the forks mount. I am not familiar with how the tranny mounts on a 154 but on a standard Cub you can slide the forks to the rear after loosening the forks so you can remove them and replace them. Then slide them back in. Don't loose the ball ore spring. If you need to talk send me a PM. You should be in central NY from your zip code. I'll be in 13830 this weekend.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”