This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need help with mower deck

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ShiloKuma
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48843

Need help with mower deck

Postby ShiloKuma » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi there i was hoping someone here could help me. A friend of mine is letting me use his lo boy 154 to cut 3 acres as long as I install his mower deck. I think this is an awesome tractor but really have no experience with it. I have not seen the deck installed and don't even know what part it is, I think it is a 3160 but need to verify. There is no hardware at all. Does anyone know where I could get an installation manual for the deck? Would the service manual have any detail on how to install ? Any help is appreciated

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Need help with mower deck

Postby Eugene » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:38 pm

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Number ... index.html

Above, link to 3160 parts manual. Also use the search function, top of page, type in 3160. There are photos of the deck installed.

Welcome
I have an excuse. CRS.

ShiloKuma
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ShiloKuma » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:25 pm

There is a badge that ends in 3260 with a sears roebuck stamp. The pics look like like a 3260. Did sears manufacture these decks ? I guess this is an aftermarket sears deck.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:05 pm

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Number ... index.html

3260 parts manual.

I own a 3260 mower deck. The 3260 appears to be identical to mower decks IH produced for their Cub Cadets, only larger. The parts numbers are IH. Sears retailed machines and implements manufactured by other firms. At one time Sears sold farm machinery including the Economy, a farm tractor.
I have an excuse. CRS.

ShiloKuma
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ShiloKuma » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Thank you Eugene. I appreciate your help. Yeah it appears to be a 48in deck now that I look at it, not a 60in. Maybe this deck if for a cadet. I think I can still mount it to the tractor though. One more question the 154 has a front blade fore plowing installed, is there any way to keep this installed and install the deck or do i have to pull the blade off

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Post photos of the mower deck, idler pulleys, and mounting brackets. Perhaps we can identify it.

Blade and mower deck installed at the same time. Unknown. Depends on how your 154's hydraulics is plumbed. If the mower deck and front mounted blade are lifted/controlled by the center hydraulic cylinder - then the answer is no.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”