This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tipton Tractor Show and Adventure

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Tipton Tractor Show and Adventure

Postby ricky racer » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:21 am

This weekend I had a rare couple of days without my wife and daughter. My wife went with a group of women from Church to a Women of Faith Conference in Columbus, Ohio Friday and Saturday. My daughter was dog / house sitting Friday and Saturday too so I had no adult supervision and decided to take advantage of it and take a short trip on my motorcycle. One of the forum members mentioned the Tipton Show being this weekend so I thought I'd check it out.
Map Quest said it was 122 miles from my house to Tipton. I took off half a day at work, packed up the bike and headed out.

Although Mapquest said it was 122 miles to Tipton, I was able to get there in about 150 miles. :P I took the scenic route.

Anyway, I made it to Tipton and was welcomed at the gate by a nice lady that told me the show was free and overnight camping was free also. :P You don't see that very often. The show is held at the Tipton County Fairgrounds and is a very nice show. The feature tractor was Massy Harris this year but the majority of tractors was IH and John Deere with IH edging out the green tractors in numbers.

Also represented were many beautiful lawn and garden tractors. Lots of JD and Cub Cadets tractors beautifully restored to better than new condition. Also on hand were many custom built specials.

Cubs were well represented as well. Some all dressed up and ready for a night on the town others in their work clothes.

This Cub was owned by the Terre Haute Gas Corporation. You don't see many municipally owned tractors in this good of shape.

One thing that I had learned before but was reaffirmed was I am to old to sleep on the ground in my tent even with a Termarest mattress. :lol:

I left the show Saturday morning and headed for home. This time instead of 122 miles as Map Quest said it took me about 450 miles to find my way home. :lol: I ended up in Brown County in southern Indiana. I made it to the little town of Story and stopped to whet my whistle at the old restaurant there. A cold Coke from a vintage Coke machine dispensing 8 oz. glass bottles of the beverage did the trick. Next time I head down to Brown County I'll go in mid to late September or early October. There were to many people, tourists, and way to may Harleys. :roll:

Restaurant in Story, IN.

It was a great weekend for a motorcycle ride and tractor show combined. You know life doesn't get much better than that!!
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Tipton Tractor Show and Adventure

Postby Rudi » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Rick:

Looks like you and your Beemer had a great weekend. I like the yaller Cub and that scale JD (yes, it do appreciate green although I don't think I want one) .. :lol:

The restaurant in Story is cool -- don't seem many like the old General Store do we now :?: :roll: :( Cold coke from a machine .. glass bottle :-:-):

:thanx: fer the pics, I enjoyed it. :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow

Postby sdurnal » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:59 am

My bad for staying away from the forum...Story is less than 10 miles from me...:(
Hwy 135 is great on a cycle. But, when the leaves turn, all the city folk flock to the area, and traffic is crazy...

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:31 am

Ricky, now that you know where Tipton is, you should ride down next weekend for the CI Cubfest 9/20 & 9/21. :{_}:
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:46 am

Denny, my wife and I will be in notrhern Michigan by the bridge that weekend if all goes as planned.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”