This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hi, from Florida

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
aroundtuit
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 33569

Hi, from Florida

Postby aroundtuit » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:23 pm

I'm a new antique tractor enthusiest ( spelled wrong I'm sure ). I grew up living next door to a IH dealer in a small town in Mi. My grand parents both work there for a while and long after it went out of business I bought the property. I loved playing on the tractors when everyone went home the Verstial was the big dog at the time. I just purchased a 74 cub lo-boy not running and I need help. I never have adjusted valve clearance and it's been a long time I have even touched a feeler guage. I hope to meet some new friends here.
Attachments
Tractor3.JPG
Tractor3.JPG (363.46 KiB) Viewed 176 times

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Hi, from Florida

Postby RaymondDurban » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Welcome to the Forum!
That is a pretty sharp 154. Any idea as to what is holding it back from running?
Adjusting the valves is not a hard task, just takes a minute or two. Check out the "How-To" section. There are a couple posts on adjusting them. Best of luck!

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:37 am

Welcome to the forum..............
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

aroundtuit
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 33569

Postby aroundtuit » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Thank you for the welcome. I found out a bunch today why it does not run. Today was the first time I had a minute to work on it. I purchased champion D-21 spark plugs and was shocked to see a plug a good 1/4 inch shorter I believe AC1336. It did run good for a few seconds but the carb is loaded up with fuel so a carb rebuild and a tune up should do it. Thanks for the link to the how to page.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:18 pm

G'day to you and congrats :applause: on acquiring the 154 :D The 154 shares the same engine with the Farmall Cub .. and here is the valve adjustment procedures.

I do not have a lot of information on the Numbered Cubs but I do have some. Numbered Cubs

Also, we have lots of resources for our members so I would suggest you might wish to peruse the information at the links below.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of the most important resources are Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogs and Service Manuals. The Cub Manual Server is the home of the jpg versions and the [url=http://www.farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/index.php]PDF Manuals[/url] -- well the pdf's of course :wink: Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Introduce Yourself”