This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rockshaft Removal

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
TSB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18464

Rockshaft Removal

Postby TSB » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:05 pm

I have begun the overhaul (gasket replacement and clean to paint) of the hydraulic cylinder block assembly and I am unable to move the rockshaft so that I can remove the pin from the connecting rod. It appears that there is a hydraulic lock on the rockshaft? What am I missing?
Scot

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Rockshaft Removal

Postby RaymondDurban » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:29 pm

Remove the head/cap from the Touch Control block. You'll be able to move the rockshaft and piston then.

TSB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby TSB » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:48 pm

I removed the head as you suggested, but still can't move the rockshaft far enough to clear the pin. I have been trying to follow the steps in the repair manual, but that has not helped. any other suggestions?

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:49 pm

Scot:

Sorry that I missed your 1st post .. but I see it now. G'day to you and let's see if we can scare up some answers.

In the CBoK has some good How To's on the Touch Control system:

I hope that those will help some. We have a lot of resources for our members and I usually suggest that folks take some time and read the material in the links below.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of the most important resources are Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogs and Service Manuals. The Cub Manual Server is the home of the jpg versions and the [url=http://www.farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/index.php]PDF Manuals[/url] -- well the pdf's of course :wink: Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:19 pm

TSB wrote:I removed the head as you suggested, but still can't move the rockshaft far enough to clear the pin. I have been trying to follow the steps in the repair manual, but that has not helped. any other suggestions?

It's been a few months since I've had one apart, but after you pull the cap, you'll see the nut that hold the rod to the piston. Remove the nut and the rod will pull out completely. Wish I had photos for you. Next one I pull apart, I'll take some pics.

TSB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby TSB » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:13 am

Thanks, Raymond. I removed the nut and solved the problem.

Return to “Farmall Cub”