This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Weekend Auction

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Weekend Auction

Postby Stanton » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:12 am

Local auction yesterday; sale bill listed a couple tractors, tools, etc. (guy auction). The gentleman who passed was a machinest and had the tools for it. At 87, fell and broke his hip over the winter and while in recovery at a nursing home, caught the flu, then that progressed and worsened. Never recovered; survived by his wife. Family was selling all of his belongings. Could see some heartache on their faces.

What surprised me was what was not listed. A Cub 154 Lowboy with IH snowblower and push blade AND a 1952 Farmall Cub with rear rockshaft and 54A blade. For the family's sake, it was good to see both sell in their appropriate price range; Lowboy went for $1400+/- and the Cub for $1500. Both ran and were started prior to selling. There was also a John Deere 1020 with front end loader, an Allis Chalmers crawler and a completely restored John Deere B (went for $2400). This was the same auctioneer who didn't or couldn't start many tractors a couple weeks ago at another auction, but yesterday started each one, which helped the selling price considerably.

PO's family was present and brought deep pockets, which was good. Some young guy and a woman (family) got into a bidding war on a rusty corn sheller. It went from $20 to $130 in less than 8 seconds. I enjoyed seeing her get it and the sheller staying in the family.

I bought a drill press vice ($5) and a Craftsman 8" bench grinder, 1/2 HP with deflection guards and adjustable light (all working no less, $25). Great afternoon; 78 degrees F, mild breeze, and low humidity.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Weekend Auction

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:34 am

some of those estate sales can be interesting. I was at one a few months ago that had a couple items I was interested in, but so were two family members. Needless to say, did not get them.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:35 am

If you're going to auction off your tractors or old farm equipment it will pay you to hire an auctioneer who KNOWS about such equipment and can talk about it as it's being started and auctioned off. They also have the knowledge to advertise the listings correctly :wink: ...'Country'
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:23 pm

It mostly depends on the crowd as to what they are willing to pay!--Auction co. can only do so much,--no matter how good they are!!!---I buy mostly from well know companies around here and they all know about what my top end id going to be, so things get interesting diring the sales!! LOL thanks; sonny

Return to “Farmall Cub”