This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Michigan Cub Going To Iowa

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Michigan Cub Going To Iowa

Postby ricky racer » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:20 am

Sold my '57 Lo-Boy Thursday. It's going to Iowa. :shock:

There is a pipeline going through our area not far from my place. A member of the crew installing the pipeline stopped by last Monday to look at the '57. He is from Iowa and being part of the pipeline laying crew he travels where ever the work takes him.
He said his dad has one just like it that he mows with but it has two broken ears and he is always having problems with it. He took a couple of pictures that he sent to his Dad. On Thursday he stopped again and made me a good offer. I accepted his offer and a small down payment. He snapped a couple more pictures and said he'd stop by later with the rest of the money which he did a few hours later. He said he didn't know who was more excited about the "new" Cub, his Dad or his nephew who wants to restore it as a 4H project.

He said he was going to ask his boss if he can borrow a trailer from work to haul it back home. It's setting in my barn now awaiting a time when he can pick it up to haul it to Iowa. I guess they must not have many tractors in Iowa. :roll:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Michigan Cub Going To Iowa

Postby Rudi » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:29 am

Nicely done Rick :D And it sounds like it is going to a very good home. I guess that is all of our hopes isn't it when we have to thin the herd a bit.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:39 am

Ricky,
That's a nice looking '57.
I had one myself (#6127) but could not justify a 2nd tractor - nor did I have room for it. I didn't want to get rid of it since it made a nice stable mate to my '57 F-Cub.

Sold it to a forum member in Illinois who did an absolutely beautiful restoration.

Before picture; (shortly after I bought it-with thanks to Cecil)

After picture; (after the new owner finished the re-do)

Hope the new owner has a lot of fun with it. I've thought of doing a Cub with our Small Engine 4H Club that Aron and Hannah are a part of. Not enough room at the advisors place to store it-knock it down, etc.

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:49 pm

They have a lot of tractors in Iowa, but not of these tractors... Too little for the size of the Iowa-type farm!!
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Return to “Farmall Cub”