This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

spark plug wires

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
farmallrax
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 95004

spark plug wires

Postby farmallrax » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:43 pm

My cub is a 1951 and I want to change the plug wires. How do I remove the ring encasing them that is attached to a head bolt? Any help would be appreciated and thanks. lyn, aromas, ca, 07/22/13 345pm

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: spark plug wires

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Depending on the type of end that you have on the plug wires, you should be able to feed one at a time through the loop. Make sure you replace them with solid copper core wires, not carbon. That loop should have a rubber grommet in it to protect the wires.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:12 pm

Lyn:

G'day to you and welcome. As mentioned in the other thread, I had the same problem way back when. It wasn't until I redid my plug wires that it occurred to me that the easiest way is to put the wires through before putting the ends on. There is no way that the ends will go through after 2 or 3 spark plug wires are in there .. ... at least I have never figured out how to do that .. but then my mitts are Bavarian -- not tiny... :lol:

Hope that helps a tad.

There is so much information and resources available to our members so I strongly recommend that you follow the links below and take the time to read. You will find the manuals for the most part are clear and easily read.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of the most important resources are Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogs and Service Manuals. The Cub Manual Server is the home of the jpg versions and the [url=http://www.farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/index.php]PDF Manuals[/url] -- well the pdf's of course :wink: Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:17 pm

If you remove the bolt holding the mount you will get an antifreeze fountain. to remove the old wires you need to remove the boots if they have them then pull the wires out one at a time, and to install new ones run through the loop before putting the ends on.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:31 pm

Working the grommet out of the hole first will give you a slightly bigger hole and a more flexible grommet since it doesn't have to stay round.

If you're replacing the wires a pair of wire cutters on one wire at a time would work :D . Cut a wire, feed the new one though, put the end on it, snap it on the plug, repeat with next wire.

farmallrax
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 95004

Postby farmallrax » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Tnx everyone. Will slip the wires out tomorrow like mentioned. lyn in aromas

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog

Postby pickerandsinger » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:07 am

Just installed a USA made set (copper wires)....They came with the distributor cap end off and you had to cut them to size and put on the tip and insert it in the distributor...Worked fine....I too was stymied at first but then I looked at the new set and ......AHA...
In Memory of 58,286

Return to “Farmall Cub”