This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How to Locate Model?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub Junk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70062

How to Locate Model?

Postby Cub Junk » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:44 pm

Probably somewhere in here, you all have info on how to determine a Cub's model number/name?
I have got our Cub's serial number, determined she was 1957, not 1947, as sold. (I figure that was an honest mistake, made no real diff to us.) We didn't buy her for an antique with provenance.
How do I find her model? I think she may be an A, but help? her serial # is six numbers, starts with 203, followed by the J for the Rockford clutch. So, seems certain she's a 1957, also jives with the frame & engine casting numbers. Model? The serial number plate is, as with many others, pretty thoroughly destroyed. I, too, believe she may have been either stolen somewhere in her past, or previously painted by an idiot. Why are men so destructive? A little respect for the old things!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: How to Locate Model?

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:56 pm

The J is for a Rockford Clutch. It is only a cub no As SA etc. They are different types of tractors.
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: How to Locate Model?

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:59 pm

This is also in the wrong forum , maybe a mod will move it to the correct one
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Return to “Farmall Cub”