This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What was YOUR first post??

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

What was YOUR first post??

Postby Hengy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi all... since Independence Day is upon us, I thought that this might be a fun little thread to try... what was YOUR first post on the forum years ago, and who replied to it? How many of them are still members here?

To do this do the following steps:

1. Click "User Control Panel" above
2. In the middle bottom of the page that comes up, click "show your posts"
3. At the top, you will see how many pages of posts there are and remember the highest number (to the right)...click the link that says "Page "X" of "Y"...
4. This will take you to a dialogue box. - Enter the highest number (Y in the quote above).
5. This will take you to the last page of your posts. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click that thread link. That will take you to your very first post on Farmallcub.com
6. COPY the text, not the link to the page, and PASTE it to a reply in this thread.

It'll be interesting to see what brought you "out of the weeds" onto the forum.
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Re: What was YOUR first post??

Postby Hengy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:20 pm

Here is my first post:

Newbie with rememberances and a question

Postby Hengy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:26 am
Hello to all you Cub Fans out there!

I am new to posting to the forum, though I have been lurking and surfing for a while! I live in La Crosse, Wisconsin (unfortunately in the City) and do not currently own a Cub. (not enough lawn to warrant one!!) :cry:

I have many VERY FOND memories growing up in the suburbs of Pittsburgh on the back of a little Cub. My extended family (uncles and aunts and grandparents) all lived within a half mile of each other in the north hills of Pittsburgh, and we had about 5 acres of "greenspace" that we maintained for the family. About 3/4 of an acre to an acre was dedicated to the family "garden" that we planted and tended every summer. I think that all of my cousins and I spent countless hours on the top of my uncle's sixty-something cub. I personally learned how to drive on that machine while mowing the "field" once every two weeks... WHAT A BLAST. I can remember running out of gas numerous times in the middle of the field and walking back to the shed to get the can... Hated it at the time, but wish I could go back!!

One of my older cousins currently owns "Oooollll Betsy" and uses her regularly to mow his large lawn and plow his driveway... My uncle gave it to him when he "traded-up" for a Kubota Diesel 4-wheel-drive with a three point hitch. I think my cousin got the better deal!!!

Now to my questions:

Is there someplace on the web that has a listing of the major changes to the Cub line through the years? I am looking for styling changes like the switch from the mesh grille to the horizontal bar grille, and things like when they went from a smoke-stack-type exhaust to the later type...things like that. I was just wondering how you can tell the year of a cub by looking at it...

Are there any members of this site in the south-western Wisconsin or eastern Minnesota area that I could meet up with to have a look up close and personal at your cub?? I have not seen one up close in so long that it would be really nice to get back "in the groove" so to speak!

I thank the moderators and designers of this site for transporting me back to my youth and rekindling a desire to move to the country and get a cub of my own... Wish I could do it now!!!

Going back to "lurk" mode...

Mike in La Crosse
WisconsinCubMan
Image Image

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Here's mine...

OK, all you northerners and mid-westerners out there, who makes the best walk-behind snow blower and why? :?: Thanks in advance. :)

Bear in mind that this was my first post on the NEW board. There was a previous board. :D
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:08 pm

Leave it to me to start it off with a "non-cub" question. :oops:

Super A identification
by Mr E » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:22 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new here. Just purchased a Super A, but the Serial number tag is nowhere to be found. Any other way to determine what year model she might be???

Thanks in advance!

Mr E

In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Here's mine...

OK, all you northerners and mid-westerners out there, who makes the best walk-behind snow blower and why? :?: Thanks in advance. :)

Bear in mind that this was my first post on the NEW board. There was a previous board. :D

I don't know if you saw further down in my thread, but you were the second person to reply to me, Don...right after Rudi's long welcome-wagon post!
Image Image

LeeC
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22150
Tractors Owned: 2 1962 LoBoys
1 1964 LoBoy
1 1965 LoBoy
1 1966 LoBoy

Postby LeeC » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Reply to Subject: Cheap Voltage Regulators
I have a bag of bad regulators from India (I think). I thought it was just me. Glad someone still carries US made ones.

As true today as when I wrote it in Oct 2008
Circle of Safety

Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet

Postby Bill V in Md » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Below is my 1st post and this is #497. Bet I'll set the record for longest time to reach #500!!

Big Snow Today

Postby Bill V in Md » Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:02 am

Looks like the cub will get a real workout today. I have about 500 feet of driveway that is quite steep. The main task today is make sure I can get back up the hill. Have chains but no weights. This kind of storm only comes along once every 10 years or so in MD, so we'll have to enjoy it while it lasts.
Last edited by Bill V in Md on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

Bigschuss
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01256
Tractors Owned: 1984 JD 990
1953 JD 40S
1973 JD 300 Snowmobile

Postby Bigschuss » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Here's mine...

Two years ago, we bought a 1953 Cub that had a threaded bolt through the center of the crankshaft pulley preventing us from hand starting the Cub. As a Cub neophyte, I didn't really undertstand why a bolt would be located there, so I didn't think about it too much. Having learned more about Cub tractors through this forum and other sources, I finally decided that all the bolt was doing was preventing me from hand starting the tractor. So, yesterday I held the fan in place and removed the bolt easily. I then inserted my hand crank and was able to turn the engine over. When I reversed direction with the hand crank it pushed out of the slot in the pulley as it should. So, my question is, what was that bolt there for, and is the tractor safe to start without it in place? The guy we bought the tractor from lived in a heavily populated suburb of Boston. My only guess is he installed the bolt to prevent theft of his Cub? Or am I way off here?

Thanks in advance.
Blair Mahar
Savoy, MA.
I wish coke was still cola, and a joint was a bad place to be...
- Merle Haggard

RUSSALL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19344

Postby RUSSALL » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Here is a post from the last time.

image.jpg
image.jpg (196.95 KiB) Viewed 343 times

Russ
1979 International Cub (Artie),193 plow,22 sickle mower,144 cultivator,54a blade,59" belly mower,wheel weights
1944 John Deere B , A-3 B-3 two way plow.....Grandpa's Deere,Still can't find his FARMALL A

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Here is mine, I was butting in right from the start :d

Brakes

Postby Boss Hog » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:06 pm
Hi you will need 2 #CR16118 diff shaft pinion seals and 2 IH # 385872R1 seals
GREAT WEB SITE 434-547-2613 if you need tec. help [my cell phone]
David

That is no longer a good # by the way
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:03 pm

I guess I did something wrong no brown wrapping of my post :D
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Bob in CT and Jim Becker were quick to answer my question! No welcome wagon for me when I jumped out of the shadows though!
RaymondDurban wrote:Hello all,
I've been here quite a while, lurking in the background, soaking up a lot of information, but this is my first post. I have a 170 Combination Planter, but for the life of me cannot figure out how it attaches to the universal mounting frame. I think I may be missing some parts and was wondering if someone out there had one of these things and had some photos to "cheat" off of.

Saw these on the Manual Server, but not too clear as how to attach:

Thanks in advance.....

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Raymond:

March 08 .. I wonder why I didn't see that ... :shock: Must be one of the few I missed... sorry about that Raymond... can I have a do-over :?:

This was my first post on the new forum. I was still using the old format for most of what I was doing.. and I also was working a lot so I usually didn't get on until later in the evening most days. Explains why it took me so long to try the new format... :lol: This one was almost at midnight our time :shock: :roll:

Subject: Vote on Board

Rudi wrote:Dennis:

I kinda like the new format :D
Certainly like the emoticons, won't take too long to get used to it either. I liked the old board, still do escpecially how the messages are viewed, but after playing with this for a bit, it is really beginning to grow on me.

Keep up the good work, we would be lost without you ! :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Mike,

Don McCombs was the first to respond and you were the second. Here you go:

Now that I'm all registered, I can participate!

By way of introduction, I'm a retired Extension Educator ( we used to 'em County Extension Agents) for Ohio State University. I've been "officially" retired since 1-1'05. However, I got "tired of being retired," so I went back to work full-time for the local Soil and Water Conservation District. If I had found this forum before I went back to work, I might still be retired!

My mother passed away in October and I got Dad's Cub and all the "stuff" that goes with it. Plow, disk, sickle bar mower, transport platform and gobs of cultivator parts. Boy, is this going to be fun.

I wanted to come to the Buckeye Cub Tug, but, last minute family obligations prevented it from happening. Oh well, better luck next year. From all I read, you folks had a hoot!
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Feb 4, 2003
John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:HOW LONG CAN YOU TREAD WATER?
[b]We were still trying to figure out how everything worked.[/b]
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Off Topic”