This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Furniture

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub Furniture

Postby dgrapes59 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:31 pm

My wife is watching "Picker Sisters" on Lifetime... they are at a tractor junk yard looking for odd things to make rustic furniture out of. They picked up a Cub hood and decided they could make a wing chair out of it :shock: (gas tank down, sit inside the hood part), he wanted $175, they offered $160 and he took it.

They have gathered up other fenders and such, goes to show you that you never know who you have to compete with for parts! Finished chair to be unveiled later in this show….. :D
David

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Re: Cub Furniture

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:09 am

I saw that show once, and didn't like it. They clearly acted way more ignorant than they were (I'm hoping), and they are using things like the Cub parts to make stuff out of, when in fact it isn't "junk" and needs to be reserved for people who actually need it for what it is. It just makes all of these parts harder to find and more expensive when we do find them.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

PVF1799
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12009
eBay ID: kepara
Tractors Owned: 1929 Farmall Regular #T111250 (Original Owner)
1942 Farmall M #55654
1948 Farmall Cub #21005
1955 Farmall Cub #190769
1961 Cub Cadet #16509
1975 Cub Cadet 1250H
197x IH 990 Haybine
1994 JD 5320 Diesel
Attachments: Woods 42F Fast Hitch, L38 Disc Fast Hitch, F11 Plow Fast Hitch, Land Plow, Snow Plow, Grader Blade, Planter w/Fertilizer, Cultivators, Hilling Disks, Sickle Bar Mower(2), IH 7' Sickle Bar Mower, Flail Mower and 5' International Belly Mower.

Postby PVF1799 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:31 pm

AL Farmall Boy wrote:I saw that show once, and didn't like it. They clearly acted way more ignorant than they were (I'm hoping), and they are using things like the Cub parts to make stuff out of, when in fact it isn't "junk" and needs to be reserved for people who actually need it for what it is. It just makes all of these parts harder to find and more expensive when we do find them.

Here here - one more obviously fake NOT-SO_Reality TV show. Kind of aggravates me, if it's not obvious.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Yup. Seen other Picker type shows where they were walking on the hoods of antique tractors.
I have an excuse. CRS.

ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14113

Postby ad356 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:51 pm

what i a shame. certain parts will be continued to be produced.... major mechanical items. certain thing will never be produced again. we will most likely never see no hoods and fenders. these items should be sacred and kept for future resotations, not treated like trash

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog

Postby pickerandsinger » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:17 pm

The reality is 90% of reality participants are idiots....Some shows sport a 100% rating.....Where is Evel Knievel when you need him....Pet Peeve...".Pickers used to be slang for guitar players"... Now if you say you're a picker, people relate you to those other idiots....God knows we got enough of our own... :lol: Golly left myself wide open on that comment.... :mrgreen: Yeh and leave our Tractors alone too..... :evil:
In Memory of 58,286

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Dave:

pickerandsinger wrote:".Pickers used to be slang for guitar players"

As a frustrated picker, I have always have and always will make the connection between the word picker and 5, 6 or 12 strings. I finally picked up my 12 string the other day and re-tuned my daughters 6 string. Been a while, but I sure enjoyed running a few riffs of the 12 bar blues. I love it.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog

Postby pickerandsinger » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:18 am

Not to steal the post Rudi, but 12 bar blues is cool as heck....Love it....I got a 12 string also but I just use the higher octave strings.....Record it along with a regular 6 string and you can pan the 12 string sound independently left to right or vice versa....Its called nashville tuning....( of course you don't need a 12 string to do that, just happens that I use mine for that ).....My favorite of all time is the Fender Stratocaster modified to fit a players specs....You can belt some blues out on that...Eh, Mr Clapton :{_}:
In Memory of 58,286

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Dave:

The next thing on my list is to restring my Degas Signature. It isn't a top of the line but man does it ever sound nice. I like the Les Paul style guitars, always have. and then I guess my 1975 Yamaha D-70. I love my guitars. Mark Knopfler is one of my favourite pickers. One of the things in my bucket list is to get and learn how to play a Dobro. Love the sound of that.

Fender Stats are pretty darn cool. Davey Gilmore uses a customized Strat as well as Eric and Tommy Iomi. Love the sound and the riffs you can fun on em. mostly because of the access the the higher nots at the base of the fret board. And harmonics :big smile:

On the main topic, one of the things I like doing is going to our annual flea market - it is huge and seeing what shows up. I have found a lot of really neat quality tractor parts surprisingly. Owner's didn't know what they are .. but I do :D Found a couple manuals like that too.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Dave:

The next thing on my list is to restring my Degas Signature. It isn't a top of the line but man does it ever sound nice. I like the Les Paul style guitars, always have. and then I guess my 1975 Yamaha D-70. I love my guitars. Mark Knopfler is one of my favourite pickers. One of the things in my bucket list is to get and learn how to play a Dobro. Love the sound of that.

Fender Stats are pretty darn cool. Davey Gilmore uses a customized Strat as well as Eric and Tommy Iomi. Love the sound and the riffs you can fun on em. mostly because of the access the the higher notes at the base of the fret board. And harmonics :big smile:

On the main topic, one of the things I like doing is going to our annual flea market - it is huge and seeing what shows up. I have found a lot of really neat quality tractor parts surprisingly. Owner's didn't know what they are .. but I do :D Found a couple manuals like that too.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Dave:

Fender Stats are pretty darn cool. Davey Gilmore uses a customized Strat as well as Eric and Tony Iommi. (I lost the tips of my middle and ring finger of my left hand - fingering hand of course and I can't play southpaw) Would love to learn how Tony makes his thimbles. I love the sound and the riffs you can run on the Stats mostly because of the access the the higher notes at the base of the fret board. And harmonics :big smile:

Return to “Off Topic”