This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How Does Your Distributor Drive Housing Attach?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DieselDennis
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39042
eBay ID: ccbil
Tractors Owned: '48 Cub (Great Granddaddy's)
And some bigger ones.....

How Does Your Distributor Drive Housing Attach?

Postby DieselDennis » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:26 pm

I got a new distributor drive housing in yesterday and cannot figure out how it is supposed to attach to the front cover. The housing has a threaded hole on the top and a smooth hole on the bottom. The hole in the front cover has a threaded hole on top and a threaded hole on the bottom.

How am I supposed to attach the top of the housing? The service manual shows a stud coming out from the top hole. I still have the stud I took out of the hole. I can't figure out how a stud and a threaded hole are supposed to work together. I've image searched and can only find pictures of housings by themselves. No good pictures of housings on the tractor.
'48 Cub 12V Conversion, Zenith Carb, Electronic Ignition

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: How Does Your Distributor Drive Housing Attach?

Postby tst » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:49 pm

it uses a special stud, 3/8 -16 on the block side and its reduced to 1/4-28 to come through the housing adapter
tim

Return to “Farmall Cub”