This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cement Mixer

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Wakulla Bill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 32327
Tractors Owned: Now
73 MF 165
63 MF 203 Ind
44 BF Avery "A" Project
51 Farmall Cub
49 Farmall Cub
48 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Cement Mixer

Postby Wakulla Bill » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:15 pm

mixer4.JPG
mixer4.JPG (89.73 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
mixer2.JPG
mixer2.JPG (92.85 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
mixer1.JPG
mixer1.JPG (25.16 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
Picked this up Monday. It has the three point hitch set up that appears to be factory. Can not find any ID info on it as of yet. Reminds me of the Prewitt one I saw for the Cub.
Attachments
mizer3.JPG
mizer3.JPG (33.24 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
"Work smarter; Not harder"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cement Mixer

Postby Stanton » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:03 am

Looks like you got a nice tractor mounted mixer. Congratulations!

The barrel looks similar to the Prewitt. I'm not sure, but believe Prewitt bought the barrels to assemble on frames they made to fit various tractors. I've seen other barrels that were identical to what Prewitt used, but stand-alone.
mixer1.jpg

mixer2.jpg

Other Prewitt photos and brochures I've seen has a different shaped cast iron support beam at the rear of the barrel (looks like an I-beam in cross section), whereas this one appears to be round, tubular steel. This one also has the large pulley wheel extended out away from the barrel; believe the Prewitt was fairly close to the frame and barrel. Frame is just a little different too.

Again, congrats!! Looks to be in really great shape!!
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: Cement Mixer

Postby Scrivet » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:51 am

Mixer looks to be in good shape. I think mixers "all look the same" because how many ways are there to make one. It's sort of like old horse drawn hay rakes, everybody and their brother, not just the big boys, made those and they all look basically the same because when you get right down to it they all work the same. You have to look real hard to find differences.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”