This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Moses Austin

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Moses Austin

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:34 pm

Moses Austin founded the city of Potosi, Mo. and every year the city honors him by having Moses Austin Days. This year is also Potosi's 250th anniversary, and what makes me feel old is that I marched in the parade for the 200th anniversary. I have been trying to come up with something appropriate for the celebration, but was drawing a blank, and the weather has been too hot to want to do much, so I decided to do something totally off the wall. Take one well used Farmall H, and a carryall, some scraps of lumber of random lengths, an old Christmas decoration, a little portable electricity, one nutty driver, and you get this. I figure it will get some stares in the parade Saturday.

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Moses Austin

Postby Barnyard » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:43 pm

Well, at least you don't feel so old that you marched in the first parade 250 years ago. Now if you really want to get some stares you might dress up a bit.

There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:16 am

Cub bud's daughter won't be here to help with the make up, but I may wear the wig. :P I have aged a little since the first parade. Our new band uniforms came in and were issued the day before the parade.

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Donegal Cub » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi John,
Maybe you can blow that horn again in the parade 50 yrs later that would be some achievement. Loved the photo of you as a young man :{_}: That little clock on the shelf is almost a replica of one I have that belonged to my Uncle Jim, a school teacher it was the school clock, and then my Dad had it and left it to me, and I restored it to pristine condition. They were called ginger bread or biscuit clocks here in Ireland. Hope you still have it :)
Bernard,
Donegal Cub.

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155