This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fast Hitch Bail Upper Lock Bracket?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Johnny Lindqvist
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01568
Tractors Owned: 58 Loboy
49 Super A

Fast Hitch Bail Upper Lock Bracket?

Postby Johnny Lindqvist » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:42 am

Hi,

I'm putting a fast hitch on a newly acquired Super A. The fast hitch came with a Bail Upper Lock Bracket but I don't understand how that attaches? It's looks as if it should bolt to the bottom of the deck of the tractor but there is nothing to bolt it to and my thoughts are that drilling holes through the floor is not the way to go. Is my tractor missing something? Should I be looking for a draft link and draft link extension instead?

Johnny
Johnny Lindquist
1958 Fast Hitch Lo Boy with Woods 59CL-3 Mower Deck, L38 Disc Harrow, F194 Plow and L54 Blade

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Fast Hitch Bail Upper Lock Bracket?

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 pm

The Fast Hitch was not intended to fit the Super A, but it will fit with some modifications by virtue of the fact that the 100, 130, and 140 are almost completely identical to the Super A. This is likely to be one of those modifications.

By "draft link" and "draft link extension" I assume you are talking about the bar that runs from the fast hitch bail up to the arm on the touch control for depth control. The Fast Hitch is pretty much useless for plowing without that link.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:20 pm

I will have to check but I think the deck would have to be drilled on a Super A. I did the same thing on a Super A, and I haven't installed a upper lock bracket on it yet.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Johnny Lindqvist
10+ Years
10+ Years
49 Super A

Postby Johnny Lindqvist » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:22 pm

OK Matt, I will have to get the draft link and draft link extension at some point is there anything else to know about this aspect. I searched for it on ebay and a bunch of stuff came up like "draft control, draft control anchor, etc". I will be using the tractor for plowing. And Al you said you did not install the upper lock bracket yet, does this mean you have the draft linkage hooked up or is there something I'm missing. Deos anyone see a problem with the drilling the deck other than it being unoriginal modification? How do I determine where to drill it?
Johnny Lindquist
1958 Fast Hitch Lo Boy with Woods 59CL-3 Mower Deck, L38 Disc Harrow, F194 Plow and L54 Blade

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:50 pm

Johnny Lindqvist wrote:OK Matt, I will have to get the draft link and draft link extension at some point is there anything else to know about this aspect. I searched for it on ebay and a bunch of stuff came up like "draft control, draft control anchor, etc". I will be using the tractor for plowing. And Al you said you did not install the upper lock bracket yet, does this mean you have the draft linkage hooked up or is there something I'm missing. Deos anyone see a problem with the drilling the deck other than it being unoriginal modification? How do I determine where to drill it?

Best thing to do would be for someone with a 100-130-140 to measure where it goes before you drill the platform. It is one of those things I have been putting off.

To use the Fast Hitch you pretty much have to have the draft link installed. If you want, PM me your email address. I have .pdf of some pages from a 140 owners manual with instructions and pics for the fast hitch that might help you set it up. Even though it's a 140 it will tell you what you need to know for the Super A.

Al

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.

Johnny Lindqvist
10+ Years
10+ Years
49 Super A

Postby Johnny Lindqvist » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Al PM sent. That's a good idea to, anybody with a fast hitch Super A or corresponding model that would be so kind as to post a picture of where the fast hitch bail lock is drilled through the deck or what not would be greatly appreciated.
Johnny
Johnny Lindquist

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Super A » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:49 pm

Johnny, got your pm. I will email the pages in the morning when I can get to a fast internet connection.

Al

Johnny Lindqvist
10+ Years
10+ Years
49 Super A

Postby Johnny Lindqvist » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Thanks Al, got those pages. Very helpful. I may be wrong but it looks as if that picture just shows two bolts drilled through the deck holding the bail lock in place so I did the same. The deck is pretty beefy so I think it'll be just fine. I also had some bolts that came with the the hitch that looked as if that's exactly what they were for. I was gonna stop off and take a look at a 140 but I ended up just pushing the bail up in place and seeing where the bail lock sat flush against the deck. There is no movement so I just marked it out and drilled out (ended up I could have moved slightly further back by maybe a 1/4" or so but it's fine). Everything is working. I ended up finding a draft link rod as well o I will be getting that soon to. So far I'm very happy with my Super A. She's farm from perfect and I'm sure going forward I will have plenty more to ask but she's running and I'm gonna go after all the little things first and see what I end up with after that. Thanks everyone.
Johnny Lindquist

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”