This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

They are alive again

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
Festus
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 42355
Tractors Owned: 1953 Cub
1953 Super C
1953 Super H
1953 Super M
1956 100
1964 140
1972 JD 4020

They are alive again

Postby Festus » Fri May 31, 2013 12:29 pm

Hello all. Health concerns and family issues have kept me off this forum and away from all my toys and projects for about four years now. Since I am now healthy and other concerns have been resolved, I got the Cub, Super C and Super H out of hibernation the last few days. I could not believe that after four or more years all they needed was to charge the batteries (had to replace the Cub's battery) and clean the points and all three fired right up and ran as smooth as silk! I had put Sta-Bil in before I parked them, but again, that was four years ago. It's better to be lucky than good. I hope to take some time soon to catch up some on here and to play with the toys! Since the last time the Cub ran, we have added our first grandchild to the fold. She is almost three and absolutely loves any color tractor. She will be here any minute now for her first ride. I can't wait.

Festus
"When you read the readin', how do you know the feller who wrote the readin, wrote the readin' right?" - Festus from Gunsmoke

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wakulla Bill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 32327
Tractors Owned: Now
73 MF 165
63 MF 203 Ind
44 BF Avery "A" Project
51 Farmall Cub
49 Farmall Cub
48 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: They are alive again

Postby Wakulla Bill » Fri May 31, 2013 2:36 pm

Glad to hear your health has improved,four years must have been rough. I have had health problems since May of 2012 and hope to be fit again this December. This past year has been tough on me not being able to do the things I could before my issues.
Enjoy your toys and that new grandchild.
Bill
"Work smarter; Not harder"

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri May 31, 2013 3:00 pm

glad you and the tractors are doing well. Good to see you back
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri May 31, 2013 4:48 pm

Hey Festus ... was wondering where you got to. Glad all is well and you are better. Med issues can be a huge life changer. Glad you are still able to play with the toys. :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Festus
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 42355
Tractors Owned: 1953 Cub
1953 Super C
1953 Super H
1953 Super M
1956 100
1964 140
1972 JD 4020

Postby Festus » Fri May 31, 2013 6:52 pm

Darn, it started to rain just as my granddaughter got here this afternoon so we had to postpone the tractor ride. We did take the gator out though as it has a canopy to stop the rain. She is truly the joy of my life right now and she thinks Papo can do no wrong. Boy is she in for a rude awakening at some point in the future!

God bless and I'll be around some to take advantage of the fellowship and the awesome knowledge and ideas that abound here.
Festus
"When you read the readin', how do you know the feller who wrote the readin, wrote the readin' right?" - Festus from Gunsmoke

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”