This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Unusual Farmall 200

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Xperimental
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47359
Tractors Owned: Farmall 200
1956 Farmall Cub
1961 Farmall Cub
Farmall 460D
International 656D Hi-Clear
Farmall 806D
Allis Chalmers 5020

Unusual Farmall 200

Postby Xperimental » Mon May 13, 2013 1:20 pm

I have a Farmall 200 that has an unusual wide front end. Rather than the wide front that was used on the Super C, 200 and 230, this wide front is like the wide front that was introduced on the 240. The belly casting and front end has what appears to be experimental part numbers. I am not sure if the front end parts will interchange with the parts for the 240 wide front. But they do look the same except for the part numbers.

I bought the tractor many years ago in Ohio at an auction, The auction sale bill included information about the farm having been connected with International Harvester. It was this connection and the 200 that caused me to go to the auction. The buildings on the farm were some of the best I have seen. There was a fast hitch mower on the tractor as well as a carry-all and other tools. I bought the tractor with the mower and the carry-all. There were other tools for the 200 that I now wish that I had bought.

When I bought the tractor it had a spun main bearing and a damaged main bearing journal. Unfortunately at the time I was under some pressure to make room in the shop and could not find a way to get the block repaired quickly, reliably and correctly. I also could not find a good correct block quickly enough so we used a C123 from a stationary engine. While the tractor runs like a new tractor, I have never liked the fact that the block is not right. The missing bell housing bolt is a constant reminder. Does anyone know where I could get the mains on the original block repaired? I would like to return to tractor to as original as possible.

A second question is about tires. The tractor has what are probably 3 original tires and one 11.2 X 36 Goodyear Traction Torque that looks new. I have been looking for a matching traction torque for many years and would much appreciate it if anyone knows where I can find one. The 3 originals have a lot of wear left but will need to be replaced because of cracking and age.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Unusual Farmall 200

Postby Barnyard » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:18 pm

Tom has pm'd me and asked about the axle on my 404 and had questions about a 200 he has. He sent me some pix but I couldn't help him. I found this old thread he had started but nobody had responded to it. Since I have the pix I thought I would toss them out here and see if anybody could shed some light his questions now that we have photos.

There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

BIGHOSS
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37087
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub S/N 9216
w/ C-22 Mower

1974 Cub S/N 244814
w/59 Woods Mower

Ford 3000 Gas S/N C375091 w/Bushhog QT2345 Loader & 6' Squealer Bushhog
and a Palomino Mare named GIGI

Postby BIGHOSS » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:55 pm

This wide front setup looks to be the same as a Farmall 340 that I use to own. I never saw another one like it. It was a row crop type, but with a wide front instead of the usual tricycle configuration. Most other 340's that I have seen also came with the RH side mounted remote hydraulic control valves and a TA. Mine had neither. I was told sometime during the 20 years that I owned it, that it was setup this way for mowing highway right of ways.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway".......John Wayne

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Check this pictrue from TM's brochure collection.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:16 pm

I looked at a 200 a while back when I purchased a cadet from the guy. It had a wide front end but I didn't look closely at it. I wanted to buy it too but they wouldn't sell it. These old farms are disappearing as fast as the old farmers have passed on. There children have educations and don't want to do hard work. I wish my family were farmers. It's in my blood from the old country.

Think about it every tractor was on a farm years ago. Now the old farms are housing developments. You know I can't find a farm stand in my area.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”