This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

HELP !!NO OIL PRESSURE IN A 1948 CUB

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ridgeroadrunner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65017

HELP !!NO OIL PRESSURE IN A 1948 CUB

Postby ridgeroadrunner » Thu May 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Tractor Has been restored Parked it about a year ago was running fine at the time . I cleaned out the fuel tank , carburetor put a new battery in it started it up but the oil pressure gauge says no oil pressure. un screwed oil pressure gauge and no oil came out of when I started it again , but the oil pan is full What could be wrong ????

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: HELP !!NO OIL PRESSURE IN A 1948 CUB

Postby Jim Becker » Thu May 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Your oil pump has lost its prime. Check this thread for procedure/discussion of that problem.
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77204

Chris D
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23027

Postby Chris D » Thu May 09, 2013 8:45 pm

I still wonder why this happens to some cubs. I have had a dozen or so running cubs. Some bought that had been sitting for a few years to the most of one sitting 12 years. Do the basics, clean carb, new plug, points, ect and all have started up and had oil pressure. I just wonder why some will lose the prime?

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu May 09, 2013 9:41 pm

Ditto to what Jim said. There are lots of resources available to our members, suggest you follow the links below:

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

gusbratz
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16345

Postby gusbratz » Thu May 09, 2013 10:50 pm

double check your level, my dipstick is bent like a leaf spring and reads wrong if poked in upside down. it will show level when there is only a trace of oil in my cub and can be misleading.

bythepond88
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60073

Postby bythepond88 » Fri May 10, 2013 11:48 am

Chris D wrote:I still wonder why this happens to some cubs.

I suspect that this will forever remain a mystery, like the two holes in the floor plate. When I rebuilt my engine, I didn't know enough to prime the pump, but I got oil pressure anyway. Then, for some unknown reason, my cub lost prime two weeks running last summer (I was using her at least once a week to mow). However, I haven't had a problem since, even during the winter, when she may go a month or more between snowstorms. Go figure.
Michael Cummings
Eddie - a 1959 International Lo-Boy named after my father in law, who who bought her new.

ridgeroadrunner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65017

Postby ridgeroadrunner » Fri May 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Thank you Jim Becker I did what you said and it started right up . And thanks to everyone else for all the comments they helped alot .

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Sun May 12, 2013 9:18 am

Welcome from another show me resident. You're only a couple hours drive from Cuba-rama in September and even closer to a few minifests. Glad the oil pressure issue got resolved, do keep an eye on the oil pressure gauge EVERY time you start it.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sun May 12, 2013 10:29 am

A Cub fest will be held in California, Missouri, May 18, 2013. You are about 1 hours drive from California, Mo.

Very knowledgeable Cub folks will be there. Link to the Cub fest follows.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=77721
I have an excuse. CRS.

LindafromMN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 55360

Postby LindafromMN » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:44 pm

I had my '48 Cub sitting for a couple of years. When I started it this year, it was really knocking and pressure gauge was not registering pressure. I double checked with another gauge and found zero pressure. I had changed the oil and filter already. I started checking this site for answers and found this thread. I just am posting here to thank you for being so helpful to us folk. I have a repair manual...but it didn't tell me about priming. I found the priming plug, removed the oil lines from in front of it so that I could get the plug out without wrecking it. Primed up the pump and started it up and within 15 seconds had 30 psi. You folks really saved me. :worthy:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:31 pm

G'day to you and glad you were able to solve your issues through a little research on the forums. I guess you already have a good idea of the resources we have available to our members. There are more .. suggest following the links below :

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of the most important resources are Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogs and Service Manuals. The Cub Manual Server is the home of the jpg versions and the [url=http://www.farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/index.php]PDF Manuals[/url] -- well the pdf's of course :wink: Enjoy!.

Do enjoy your Cub and remember Image
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”