This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

annoying neighbor kids!

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Mr Joshua
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63023
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1951 Super A
1945 A
Circle of Safety: Y

annoying neighbor kids!

Postby Mr Joshua » Thu May 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Amanda and I have an acre where we live. Our property is on a county road and butts up to a small church on two sides and another decent neighbor next door. The church behind us has a mobile home on the property where the pastor used to live. About six months ago the church started renting the home to a lady that is on parole so she could get on her feet. She has multiple kids living with her that look like they range from ages 5-18. They have no respect for anyone. As well as i do not believe they go to school.
Amanda and I take pride in our property and do all we can to make things very nice. Recently as the weather has been warming up the kids have been out riding bikes and walking all over the area. I would not have a problem with this but to get to their house they have decided to use our property as a short cut. They are riding through our grass (freshly seeded), our gardens and between our fruit trees. I really do not want them to get hurt on our property or hurt anything on it.
Just this week i was out working in the yard and one of them came a 100' down my driveway then across my grass and then on to the church property. All while i was standing in the yard. I yelled and told them to go around but it didn't do any good.
We have contacted the church a few times but nothing good has come of it. I do not want to have any problems with the actual church.
I am looking for any ideas to get the pesky kids off my property. So far i have ordered 16 Leyland Cypress trees (fast growing evergreen) and am in the middle of putting up cameras cause i don't trust them around anything i own.
I feel like Mr. Wilson off Dennis the menace.
If you have any ideas please let me know.
Thanks
MJ
Mr. Joshua

74 VW super beetle (o\ /o)
1955 cub
1951 Super A
1945 A
and any of TC's toys

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Reid
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: annoying neighbor kids!

Postby Jim Reid » Thu May 09, 2013 1:16 pm

The church should step in and help with the problem but no matter the outcome you will end up being the bad guy.

Jim

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Thu May 09, 2013 1:28 pm

Dear Mr. Wilson,
Good fences make good neighbors.
- Dennis the Menace :D
Last edited by outdoors4evr on Thu May 09, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu May 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Mr Joshua
10+ Years
10+ Years
1951 Super A
1945 A

Postby Mr Joshua » Thu May 09, 2013 1:38 pm

In the back i have put up a six foot privacy fence but its not tall enough. Im looking forca tree that will get tall enough to block them out but not too tall to shade my garden or greenhouse. For the side i just bought 16 leyland cypress to become a fence. Tryingto come up with something in the mean time while waiting on the trees to grow. They grow 3-4 feet a year.
Mr. Joshua

1955 cub
1951 Super A
1945 A
and any of TC's toys

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu May 09, 2013 1:40 pm

The way it sounds, if the kids don't obey orders now, in a few years they will probably be on parole for something or other just like their mom.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu May 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Mr Joshua wrote: As well as i do not believe they go to school.

If this is true, a call to CPS might solve your problem. Just be sure to not tell CPS anything you haven't verified.

Rob in NH
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03848
eBay ID: panelbeata
Tractors Owned: 1947 circle cub
1950 cub demonstrator
1957 cub
1967 cub

Postby Rob in NH » Thu May 09, 2013 2:00 pm

i vote for fencing the property. fear of trespassing isnt going to stop them, they probably know the system already.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu May 09, 2013 3:44 pm

Photos with date time stamp. Call the police. Document the damage and trespass.

Research Missouri trespass laws. Property damage is reimbursed at 3 times the actual damage.

Game cameras. Leave something out that will disappear. Theft changes a simple trespass to a criminal event.

Certified letter to church pastor and church board, trailer renter, and her parole board with documentation.
I have an excuse. CRS.

gusbratz
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16345

Postby gusbratz » Mon May 13, 2013 4:25 am

Did you go over and talk to them and their mom? Start at the lowest level of conflict? I sure hate to make an enemy out of a neighbor. It seems a little extreme to go right to lawyers and police and registered mail to me. Maybe give them an alternative. Say we don't mind if you go through but stay in this certain area or something. When I was an unruly kid we used to ride our dirt bikes and 4 wheelers to an area in the woods that had a lot of trails. To get there we rode across the neighbors grass airstrip where he flew small ultra light planes out of. He came over and nicely asked us to stay off the strip because he didn't want it tore up. He said it would be ok if we went slow and rode around the perimeter. So we did. All of us I think were grateful. I am pretty sure if he had flipped out and called the police and put up signs and stuff then some of us would have taken it as a challenge and gone and done donuts in the middle of the night. Right or wrong you catch more flies with honey than vineger.

gusbratz
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16345

Postby gusbratz » Mon May 13, 2013 4:39 am

Eugene wrote:Photos with date time stamp. Call the police. Document the damage and trespass.

Research Missouri trespass laws. Property damage is reimbursed at 3 times the actual damage.

Game cameras. Leave something out that will disappear. Theft changes a simple trespass to a criminal event.

Certified letter to church pastor and church board, trailer renter, and her parole board with documentation.

How would you expect them to get to be good people if all they encounter is this type of behavior over walking on the grass? Instead of trying to trick them into stealing your stuff and sending them to jail befriend them. Pay them a little to cut the grass or weed the garden and get to know them. Sounds like a single mom who is already in trouble with the law is not a very good role mode. Maybe they haven’t had a great life so far, I doubt you will be able to squeeze out the 3x property damage from kids who have nothing to begin with. Not sure what going to the parole board about her kids will accomplish. If she is going to church and the church is helping her out the kids may be better off than they would be if taken away from her and stuffed into the system. Try being a positive force in their life instead of just another negative one.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon May 13, 2013 8:43 am

I have the feeling from Mr J's initial post that he is at the end of his nice guy approach attempts for a resolution to the situation. Some times you just have to be hard (A--) nosed.

Been in a similar situation with not only the kids running through the garden, but mom trespassing. Ask politely to no avail. My limit came when 2 fruit trees that cost me $35- each were destroyed.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Mr Joshua
10+ Years
10+ Years
1951 Super A
1945 A

Postby Mr Joshua » Mon May 13, 2013 9:33 am

Thanks for the replys. We have been in contact with the church for months yet nothing has gotten resolved. Talking to the mom of the kids is a lost cause.
We have ordered 16 fast growing evergreens that will not only become a fence but also remove some road noise from a near by highway. We have also installed some cameras around our house for this issue, as well as to keep an eye out for anything else around.
Recently the kids really crossed the line and upset amanda. So while the kids were out playing we put in some tee post and some yarn as a temporary border and told the kids to stay on their side. It does not look the best but will be removed when we plant the trees. The kids also saw me installing the cameras. So far it has worked but then again i have not seen the kids out much the last couple days.
We will see what happens. I dont want any legal issues or any major conflicts with neighbors. So far this is the best thing i have came up with. Only other thing i may do is some no tresspassing signs and beware of dog signs.
Mj
Mr. Joshua

1955 cub
1951 Super A
1945 A
and any of TC's toys

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Sat May 25, 2013 9:31 am

I feel for ya.....I have 3 1/2 acres ...My house was built at one end of the property...Next lot was 4 acres....The guy built 50 ft off the property line,just behind me....I moved to the country so I wouldn't have somebody right on top of me...Oh well!!!!! Like to put a barrier up so I'm not looking at his house...I asked him not to build so close also...Now I'm being watched all the time!!! FUN :evil: :evil: :evil: I figure something out...And its gonna be pink on that side!!!! HaHa!!!!Kevin :lol: :lol:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat May 25, 2013 10:04 am

Joshua:

This is something that really has taken me a lifetime to fully understand. Patience is a virtue, acceptance is difficult but a necessary part of living in a community, sharing with one's neighbours although difficult can bring lasting joy and being your brother's keeper really does mean something. Not all of us can easily attain these goals, but in time even though the road seems insurmountable, it will happen.

Talking to the mom is not a lost cause. It just may take more talking than you are used to or even comfortable with. Same with the Church. They may need to understand your side a bit more as well - but said to them in words that they understand.

Fences make good neighbours - yes, but good neighbours make for even better neighbours as well if you get my drift. Don't give up, you will be glad you stuck with working on a solution. It may take some time but you have a good chance to help those kids. Every one channeled into the right paths is one less lost to the dark side..... (+)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Off Topic”