This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cultivator Prices and Opinions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Cultivator Prices and Opinions

Postby Brandon Webb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:55 pm

Well listed a set of cultivators on Craigslist for $350. Several days no calls Guy called offered me $300 and drive from South Carolina to get them so I sold them. Day after guy calls up tells me he'd pay more if I cut the other guy out that basically I was a fool for taking less than that. I have never had much luck selling cub cultivators for more than $350. I know the sum of parts is worth more than whole and after the deal I'm looking at the pics thinking that's a heck of a lot of good parts for $300. What are people selling bare universal frames for these days? Toolbars? And feet? Clamps seem to be around $20 bucks for good ones and more on eBay. Am I off on my pricing?

I went this last weekend and looked at a massive ton of cub parts the guy wanted to sell as a lot. Most of it was just toolbars and lift springs with a few feet and clamps mixed in. The junker in me wanted to have it all and organize in in nice piles but the realistic me said there is no market for that stuff. He had no lift frames and I couldn't go buy lift frames to make full sets of cultivators to sell and ever come out.

As some know I had a ton of cultivators at one time sold 13 partial sets to Don E. in Texas. Then I didn't have enough feet or clamps or springs to complete them and buying the parts then put me more in them than I could get out of them. I keep hearing people talk about all this big money cultivators are bringing down south but I have yet to see much demand here.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Cultivator Prices and Opinions

Postby Former Member » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:12 pm

Brandon, call me. 931-787-4497

twotone
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15132
Tractors Owned: 53 F Cub
73 F Cub
53 Super A With Snow/Grader Blade
193 Plow With Colter And Jointer
144 Cultivators
22 Mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby twotone » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:30 am

I've been trying to sell my set for 350.00 for a month, but I still have them. I could have sold them but logistics seem to get in the way.
Know Your Cub, And Your Cub Will Know You.

Tom

Chris Jones
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Chris Jones » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:13 am

It's all a gamble now. The economy is still holding back people on hobby activities as many of these older tractors are whether it's a hobby garden or collecting hobby. If you have the marketing setup (like TM Tractor) to sell the items you might do ok. But feeling like your got your money and times worth will probably be hard if your not set up to clean, ascertain if any are bent even a little out of original shape, market the piece, deal with questions, weigh, ship, and if using ebay handle risk of sale price. And you might have to hang on to them for what seems like forever before that right person comes by wanting that item and ready to pay for it.

One last thing that seem to always get me. Looking over things I'm getting ready to purchase, like you I'm adding up prices for parts and things seem in pretty good condition. When I get it home and start to clean up more and dissemble for sale I start finding things have damage I hadn't noticed. A bar is bent a few inches so someone is going to be unhappy, a clamp that looked fine will not tighten enough to hold or is cracked under the dirt and I hadn't been able to see it before, etc. Being honest I end up unable to sell the stuff as first rate items thus the price goes down a lot. The fellow you're buying this from has the right idea. He probably honestly thinks it all just perfect and rather than find problems chasing the highest dollar he sells it to you at what could be a bargain price to someone who has a sales network.

Then again you might make good money on it. Or loose money. Do you feel lucky?

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:27 am

condition is every thing on the price
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:09 am

A cultivator is not the most popular piece for cubs, so not much call for them!--HOWEVER,-- I would like to get 1 more for one of the cubs just to leave on it all the time.--I have to take this one off to use the tractor for 3-pt work and its tied up while the cultivator is on it!----I dont have a rear rockshaft on this new cub, so can only use the front half of a cultivator on that one.

I would think that the square beams would sell by themselves to use in making /mounting homebrew attachments to the tractor!--I know I could have a field day with some extra beams!---(now have 4 cubs + 3 lo-boy # tractors) thanks; sonny

muleboss
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66839

Postby muleboss » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:06 pm

Just leave it on tractor and get another tractor.

pan60
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: A Farmall 100 Ford 8N, six Farmall Cub's, and two David Bradley walk behinds, and a un-know walk behind.

Postby pan60 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:30 pm

What got me wanting to get a cub was the cultivator usage: ) .
pan60.com

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment