This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cub 28a disk harrow

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: cub 28a disk harrow

Postby danovercash » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:15 pm

John, F/H let's you carry a 38 disk while the disc plow is still on the tractor. You can attach/unattach the disk without getting off the Cub. Only other thing you have to do is hook/unhook the bail adjustment. Throw in a F/H lay off plow and you can do it all in one trip.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:25 pm

John,
Your rockshaft doesn't look like it is as high as the one in the illustration. Maybe the master lift unit doesn't go quite as high as a regular Touch-Control rockshaft. If you have a Touch-Control hooked to that rockshaft, you may get more lift by moving the lift link to a different hole.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:38 am

Jim Becker wrote:John, Your rockshaft doesn't look like it is as high as the one in the illustration. .........
I noticed that also. That is a converted hand lift I use with the TC, but when I compared i to my standard rockshaft setup they both reach the same angle, so I decided not to bother with trying the other setting. I can always make a set o longer straps or extend those. I now know how to make it work if I need to. What is a much better result is the disk does a much better job of working ground with the change in hook up.

Thanks for everyone's input. I have seen a few of these at shows, but all were setup the way mine was originally.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”