This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Kohler & pulling engine info

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Kohler & pulling engine info

Postby BigBill » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Go to; http://gardentractorpullingtips.com/engine.htm

Lots of info on page 9 & 10 about stroker combos on the kohler engines thats what i'm talking about. I need a 16hp or 26hp kohler engine on my lawn mower for sure.

I mowed my lawn using my wifes 1200 cadet way faster than ever in 3rd gear with a stock 12hp engine. I was flat out in the straights but feathered the clutch in the turns.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

David C
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47141
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub, 1970 135 Massey Ferguson, 1970 175 Massey Ferguson, 1964 Cub Cadet Model 70. 1977 Farmall 140 (Granpa's)

Re: Kohler & pulling engine info

Postby David C » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Wow that's alot of info, thanks!!!
I may be old but I got to see all the cool bands

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Kohler & pulling engine info

Postby BigBill » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:59 pm

I need to look into it more about changing the length of the connecting rods but another option is removing material from the top of the piston if it's a small amount that's doable and still safe to do. They did say with some rod and crank combos the rod needs the length adjusted eye to eye. If it's a very small amount if the piston sticks above the deck surface like .050" + or - we could cut the top of the piston to make it work. I skim read it but maybe wrong too but it's worth a thought. These destroked & stroker Kohler engines do get some serious horse power output. I been into porting the exhaust and intake ports on two stroke bikes plus on drag cars and single cylinder engines too. The we play with the timing for the best torque output on the puller engines too. It all works together.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Cub Cadet”