This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Starting Issues

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Zdt7684
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45162

Starting Issues

Postby Zdt7684 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Hello All,
I have a 1971 International Cub that I am working on for a neighbor. When I started it wouldn.t even crank. To make a long story short I have put in all new plugs, rebuilt the carb, installednew fuel bowl assembly, and put an inline filter on it. Anyways it started and ran for about 10-15 seconds then started blowing oil and water out of the exhaust fouled the plugs and died. I took plugs out cleaned up cranked motor to release any other water in system and put plugs back in. the motor cranks but will not start I have yet to check for fire but know it is getting fuel. My question is is there any other possibilities I need to be looking at? This tractor has sat outside since october with nothing over exhaust. Iknow not a brilliant move but not my tractor. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Starting Issues

Postby Eugene » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:40 pm

Start with compression test. Dry then wet.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall Cub”