This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

FFA Farm Power Contest

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
farmboychris
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 90604
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
Ford 3000
Circle of Safety: Y

FFA Farm Power Contest

Postby farmboychris » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Hey guys, as part of FFA in southern California there is a team of three of us that is going to be competing in a farm power contest, this includes parts I.D. Tools I.D. Operation, safety, Implement knowledge, trouble shooting tractors and implements as well as a general information test. I am the only one in the group that has had experience with these things as I have restored my cub and am restoring my 54 Chevy truck, In trying to get the other two teammates as well as myself ready for this contest I'm wondering if anyone has any relative information that could help us prepare/study. I.E. diagrams of tractors with labeled parts, Shop tools labeled, general maintenance info, electrical as well as mechanical troubleshooting information, or anything else that may help. The equipment we could be using includes any of the following Disc Harrows,Moldboard Plows,Cultivators,Swathers/Mowers,Rakes,Balers,Planters/Drills,Combines, Spray Equipment,Wheel/Track Tractors,Forage Harvesters... Thanks you so much!
-Chris

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

birddog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54515

Re: FFA Farm Power Contest

Postby birddog » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Go to the Manuals link and the How To Forum on this site. Sure it pertains mostly to Cubs, but a lot of it is general to all equipment of the same type.
Mark "birddog" Birdeau
Circle of Safety

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Chris, Your test covers a lot of ground. If you click on the manuals link above you can find owner, operator, service, and parts manuals for the Cubs and a few for other Farmall tractors. There are lots of implement manuals there also. Although the sizes and shapes may be different, the terminology for a Cub plow, or JD plow will be the same or very similar. If you scroll down to the Safety Forum, there is a Circle of Safety Test that deals will safe operation of tractors. Good luck with the contest. Feel free to ask more specific questions as you look at the info available here.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Jason (IL)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60936
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub SN 8664
48 Cub
50 Demo
54 Cub
3-55 Cub
2-56 Cub
55 LOBOY SN 876
57 LOBOY
58 French Cub
2- 60 LOBOY
69 Cub
54 Super M
42 H
48 H
57 300LP
57 450
Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 149

Postby Jason (IL) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:36 pm

That is a tuff contest, I suggest you primarily focus on terminology. That is what they look for. We have it in my area to for the FFA kids and I do know it is tuff. I have not herd of anybody local doing it so good luck to you all.

For terms and diagrams, I do know several CaseIH and John Deere dealers do have parts catalogs on the Web that you can view for info. If you were closer I could get you a book I have that has over 1000 shop tools to reviews.

Good Luck

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”