This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

U-Haul car trailer

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
twotone
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15132
Tractors Owned: 53 F Cub
73 F Cub
53 Super A With Snow/Grader Blade
193 Plow With Colter And Jointer
144 Cultivators
22 Mower
Circle of Safety: Y

U-Haul car trailer

Postby twotone » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Just wondering if anyone has used one of these to haul tractors. I have a SA and a Cub to haul from Il to PA and don't know if that is too much weight, if the trailer is long enough, and if my 2010 Z71 is enough truck to pull these.

Thanks
Tom Freeman
Know Your Cub, And Your Cub Will Know You.

Tom

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mr Joshua
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63023
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1951 Super A
1945 A

Re: U-Haul car trailer

Postby Mr Joshua » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:47 pm

Tom,
Looks to me that the trailer would not be long enough to haul both at one time. Also i believe the center is open. I have an open center car hauler i used and i ended up filling the center cause the tractor tires only rode halfway on the trailer. (disaster waiting to happen) also if the Z71 is just a half ton that amount of weight ( cub, SA and trailer) would be quite a load and make for a long trip but can be done. But I would not recommend it. My days of a half ton are over. I am tired of hauling too much weight for the truck.

I think you need to either find a different trailer or rent a utility trailer and make two trips. I think that would be safer.
Just my .02
MJ
Mr. Joshua

74 VW super beetle (o\ /o)
1955 cub
1951 Super A
1945 A
and any of TC's toys

twotone
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15132
Tractors Owned: 53 F Cub
73 F Cub
53 Super A With Snow/Grader Blade
193 Plow With Colter And Jointer
144 Cultivators
22 Mower

Re: U-Haul car trailer

Postby twotone » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Mr. Joshua,
You confirmed what I suspected. Just wishfull thinking on my part I guess. I've rented U-Haul's 6x9 (?) utility trailer several times and it works great for a Cub. I guess 2 trips are in order. Thanks for your input.

Tom Freeman
Know Your Cub, And Your Cub Will Know You.

Tom

Return to “Safety Forum”