This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pricing an IH Mccormick Farmall Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Farmcub123
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Pricing an IH Mccormick Farmall Cub

Postby Farmcub123 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Hello, I have in my possession a IH Mccormick Farmall Cub tractor. I am not a collector of tractors, but I'm trying to find out how much this tractor would be worth selling to a collector.

Condition: Refurbished a few years ago and has not been used in quite some time, there is no corrosion on the exterior and the integrity of the tractor seems to be good. With exception of the breaks not functioning.

I understand that my description is quite vague, I will try to post a picture of the tractor so you collectors can get a better understanding of this piece of equipment.

also, apologies if I have posted this in the wrong category.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Pricing an IH Mccormick Farmall Cub

Postby Former Member » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:54 pm

We have a good member there in Skiatook. Bill E Bob. He might be able to take a look at it for you and can give you much better info than pictures.

Dale

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bill E Bob » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:31 am

Yep, PM me your address and maybe we can figure out a good fair price.

lazyuniondriver
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44134
Tractors Owned: 1949 & 1951 Farmall Cubs

Several Snapper Garden Tractors

Postby lazyuniondriver » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:04 am

Quite a few Cub tractors are listed on eBay every month with a relatively small amount selling.

EBay is a national listing base so understandably the majority of the ones that sell are to local buyers as transportation charges outweigh any bargain to be found.

The listings that close with no sale could very well have been priced right but with no buyer in the area to make the purchase, no sale was made. (I saw great deal on a set of tires recently but the shipping cost or money I would have spent on gas recovering them made the purchase prohibitive. The auction closed with no sale.)

The Cubs that do sell can be brought up by selecting "completed listings" in the eBay search criteria options. Key in "Farmall Cub" and select "completed listings" then browse the for the auctions in green that indicate the auction closed with a sale.

By looking at the successfully won auctions, you will get a ballpark price of what the tractors are selling for with various options and implements in various regions.

Craigslist is my favorite barometer of equipment prices but since no sold item or selling price database exists, you have to monitor it daily mentally noting asking prices and how fast the listing is removed. It takes a couple of months using this approach to determine what stuff is netting in your area.
"HAVE ALL YOUR DELIVERIES MADE BY UNION DRIVERS"

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:14 am

ebay is a poor reference for pricing. they are all over the map $$$$ . location , location, location. yesterday , i just missed a $600 good looking cub that hand cranked with the original IH crank that was still in the mounting clips , quiet tranny . a $425 cub that looked good sold out of new orleans this past weekend . these two sold in hours , not days , and not unique examples . craigslist is a good place to look for your area. price vs time , how quick do you want it to sell . experience is gold ,billebob wont steer you wrong with a good starting point. coppersmythe...........................good luck
Last edited by coppersmythe on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:03 am

Farmcub123, what you need to realize is that for the most part they are just cubs and IH sold 1/4 million of them unless there is something special about the cub, [ first one, last one etc. ], it is just a cub.
Don't expect to get a mint out of it.
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:36 am

Farmcub123 wrote:Condition: With exception of the breaks (brakes) not functioning.
After inspection, Bill E Bob should be able to provide you with a estimated local selling price and overall condition of the tractor and any additional equipment.

Farmcub123 wrote:I'm trying to find out how much this tractor would be worth selling to a collector.
Several member on this site collect Cubs. Most members use their cubs as a hobby or as a working tractors. As Boss Hog said, it's just a Cub with known defects, no brakes. Inspection may disclose other common breaks (but not brakes) or faults.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall Cub”