This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Cadet 125 info.

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AC
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28376
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 982.

Cub Cadet 125 info.

Postby AC » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:17 am

Hi Guys, I'm new here. I would like some info on the Cub Cadet 125. I know the tranny is a hydrostatic tranny but does it have the same gears as the Farmall Cub? Is the Kohler a good engine and does the tractor have any weak points? Also are parts hard to find for this machine? Thanks in advance guys.

Tedd Ill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Tedd Ill » Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:45 pm

AC,

Nope, the trans-axle only looks like a F-Cub trans. Even the back plate is different. The Kohler K series engiines are great little work horses. Parts are not too hard to come by.

http://www.ihcubcadet.com is a good source for parts dealers. You will recognize at least one of them. :wink:

First thing is that the Hydro fluid and filter usualy needs to be changed. A Hydroulic filter needs to be installed, not a "Oil" filter, they are different.
Refill the hydo with Hy-tran. It is designed for your Hydro.

Weak points..... the hydro linkage is usually wron and out of adjustment and "cobbled" repairs from previous owners. They are a solid machine.
Had a '57 Lo-boy, and loved it!! Will have another...
Always looking......