This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

University Extension Classes

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

University Extension Classes

Postby Eugene » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 am

University of Missouri Extension Service periodically offers classes on a number of different farm related topics. Quality is excellent, information related directly to Missouri agriculture and land owners and tenants.

Farm Leasing was last nights 3 hour class. Covered a number of legal aspects to farm leases, differences between Missouri law interpretation from adjoining States. Interesting issues that pertained directly to me, Missouri has a law covering the termination of oral lease agreements. Hunting Leases covered land owners liability. Found out that what I didn't know could hurt me financially, perhaps big time.

Next class is another 3 hours course on the Missouri Fence law.

Basically suggesting utilizing the services of your local University Extension Office.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: University Extension Classes

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:33 am

do they offer the courses at locations other than jefferson city?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 am

Lyle,

You are making my day!!!!

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:18 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Do they offer the courses at locations other than Jefferson city?
The classes are offered via teleconferencing. The Farm Leasing class was presented in the county court house annex. Fencing Law class will be presented at the local junior college/tech school. The Farming Leasing class was simultaneously presented at numerous locations throughout Missouri.

Potosi was mentioned by one of the instructors. Although I don't know if the class was presented in Potosi. Check with the Extension Office in Potosi.

Handouts, which included sample leases, are available on the Mo. Extension web site, under library. Instructors did not spend a lot of time on livestock leasing agreements. Noted that extension offices in large cattle producing states had samples on line.

Classes presented by government agencies are advertised in the local newspaper. Have attended classes on a number of different ag., forestry, and conservation practices. Some classes at no charge to attendees, others have a very nominal fee. The Farm Leasing class cost me $15-, but snacks were included.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Rabbit Holler Flash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Rabbit Holler Flash » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

15 bucks n included snacks ?? John thats a win win for you lol

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:33 am

Missouri Fence Law class last night. Snacks provided. Instructor had 25 years experience working on fence law.

Instructor related that many absentee land owners, judges, lawyers, law enforcement, and urban dwellers are not familiar with agriculture, agriculture related issues, and laws. Problems arise when the fence law is interputed in one court and you get a different opinion in another. Ballot issues clarifying fence law get voted down by the majority of voters who live in urban areas.

I built my property line fence in the same manner used in central Iowa. The fence does not fully meet the requirements of a legal fence. I set posts a rod apart. Missouri law says 12 feet apart.
I have an excuse. CRS.

daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

Postby daddydip » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:37 am

I went over to Penn State Great Valley here in Pa, last week and took a course on raised bed gardening. I found it very informative and it cost all of $5.00, how can you beat it? Afterwards I received an e-mail with all of the presentations of the three instructors in download pdf. form. Next week the Extension agency is having a Fumacha sheep and goat parasite class at the 4H center and ask you bring fresh manure for examination and testing, another $5.00 if your not attending and have time to, it probably would a wise investment in time . My .02 :wink:

the Famacha class was a blast, made me come to the humble reality that the internet does not explain every thing!
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”