This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ref to valve cover leak

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
dcpky
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 42368

Ref to valve cover leak

Postby dcpky » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:39 pm

Hey guys did everything you all told me to do still have leaks around copper washers i dont want to over tighten any more ideas Also want to remove fenders do they come off with the finals or can i remove them seprate Thanks guys for any help

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Ref to valve cover leak

Postby Eugene » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:55 pm

Fenders can be removed without dismounting the finals. Check the parts manual for your tractor.

Auto parts or well stocked hardware store. Pick up two neoprene flat washers, your bolt size. Place under the copper washer.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Ref to valve cover leak

Postby Former Member » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:56 pm

you can always use a spot of gasket sealer, or new copper washers.

You can remove the fenders without removing the finals, the bottom bolts will hold them in place. You will need to add spacers to the fender bolts when you put them back in, to prevent them from bottoming out and breaking the castings.

Safety Sally say's " The fenders are there for safety purposes, think twice before removing them."

Return to “Farmall Cub”