This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Seller on eBay

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Seller on eBay

Postby tmays » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Okay maybe y'all can help me figure out what the heck is going on. I bought an item on eBay. Seller contacted me saying he couldn't find the item in his inventory and he refunded my money. That was okay with me. Things happen.
About a week later eBay sent me info saying the item is available again. I tell myself he found them, so I buy the item again. Shipping date comes and still no product. I send seller a question about it. No answer from him. So I open a case with eBay. Seller contacts me and says he forgot to take item off eBay. He refunded my money. Again. This guy has a 99.1% approval rating. Needless to say I gave negative feedback.
I looked on eBay tonight and he has listed the SAME item again. What is the deal you think? Have any of you encountered something like this? Sorry for the long rant! Haha
Thomas

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Seller on eBay

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:31 pm

post a link
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 pm

h
Last edited by tmays on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:41 pm

Local well stocked hardware store or auto parts store will have the bottoming tap in stock or be able to have shipped in. Probably for less money when you figure the cost of the item and shipping.
I have an excuse. CRS.

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737

Postby redfin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:43 pm

I am not sure what is going on there. Seems like poor inventory control or is selling them locally as well , maybe :?:

lazyuniondriver
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44134
Tractors Owned: 1949 & 1951 Farmall Cubs

Several Snapper Garden Tractors

Postby lazyuniondriver » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:23 pm

Several years ago I purchased a couple hundred bucks worth of auto interior parts for a side job on ebay. This was before tracking and shipment status was part of almost every transaction.

About the time I was expecting the shipment to arrive, the guy contacts me telling me he is going through a nasty divorce and his wife had him locked out of his warehouse or parts storage area.

He asked if I could wait 7 more days for a court hearing that would release his stuff so he could ship it. I needed the stuff, it was fairly rare, the only ones listed, and the price was right so I agreed.

7 days later while getting the court release, his warehouse mysteriously burned but my parts may be ok, and it will take a few days to sort through the mess... "But if you want your money back". Ok, I'll wait a few more days, I need them and by now, he knew it too.

4 or 5 days later he's sorry but my parts perished so my money was in the process of being refunded. Took about 4 or 5 more days for it to return to my account.

I think at any time I had asked for my money to be refunded, it would have to avoid negative feedback but bottom line was he used my $$$ for almost a month.

I felt bad for the guy so I didn't leave negative feedback.
A couple months later I was looking for something and noticed his seller name which I was very familiar with by then. Almost the same parts listed that had been lost in the fire, different color though. I checked his feedback which really wasn't that bad or any lower than when I bought from him and there were a bunch of positive and neutral ratings with notes like "seller refunded money promptly when item wasn't available" and almost no negatives.

I think this guy has nothing or very little for sale that he actually ships but bankrolls peoples money for hard to find big ticket items as long as possible before refunding it. The more you feel bad for him the longer you give him.

Who knows what he used the money for but I as well as other buyers got our money returned in full eventually according to his feedback with no action needed by eBay or PayPal.

I contacted eBay with my story and the eBay police did follow up saying the seller was being investigated. EBay actually does take fraud extremely seriously.

I don't think he could be making enough interest at the bank to make it worthwhile unless he uses multiple seller names. Maybe he plays the horses who knows.

Any ideas?
"HAVE ALL YOUR DELIVERIES MADE BY UNION DRIVERS"

Return to “Off Topic”