This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cutting expenses

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Cutting expenses

Postby Eugene » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:00 pm

I'm cutting back on the amount of fuel used.

We recently had rains in central Missouri and the 17 acre pasture will need to be mowed one more time to keep down the weeds. I also have about 5 acres in black walnut and pecans and another 2 or 3 acres of lawn/ground that should be mowed again before winter. I'm going to wait until next spring and try to get an early start on this years grass.

I used 4.8 gallons ($15.00) of gasoline in the Bobcat in a couple of hours, moving dirt, this afternoon. I have a couple of landscaping projects that have been postponed.

Hopefully the price of fuel will be a bit lower next year.

Just thinking out loud. More like talking to myself.

Eugene

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:19 pm

Amen. I have postponed heading out to the mid west for a trailer and bidding on a cub to go with my lowboy. Bev and I have 2 weeks in a time share in hilton Head South Carolina starting Oct 1. We were wondering how the fuel situation will be by then. My daughter and family are supposed to come from western PA for the first week. Well still amonth to go.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”