This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Home Made Christmas Toys

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
Steve Woods
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 34705
Circle of Safety: Y

Home Made Christmas Toys

Postby Steve Woods » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:02 pm

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

64/67lo-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23453
Tractors Owned: .
48 cub
67 loboy
52 super c
74 cub 154
50 c

Re: Home Made Christmas Toys

Postby 64/67lo-boy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:14 pm

Seems like one of Santas elves has leaked this years toy tractor prototype.
Pete from Virginia Beach

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Wow when we were kids my Uncle Ed used to make toys with thread spools as wheels but the were never that fit and polished.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Steve, that is some nice work. Everybody should have a hobby to take their mind off some of what life throws at them. Very neat and thanks for sharing.

Bill, Rosie's brother, also named Ed, used to make nice toys for all his nieces and nephews. He died over twenty years ago at the age of 25. My daughter is now 28 and she still has some of the toys her Uncle Eddie had made for her. Some things you cherish a lifetime.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:50 pm

Steve:

Very and I do mean really nicely done :!: Flintstone Cubs :D And using wooden thread spools is pretty nifty. Well crafted. :big smile:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:53 am

Such an atta boy from Rudi involving wood is like winning the Golden Globe and Academy Awards at the same time.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Steve Woods
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 34705

Postby Steve Woods » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:11 am

Thanks guys for the wonderful compliments. Santa's workshop wasn't quite as productive this year as in some past years but it was fun making these little doo-dads. Rudi, are you a wood worker too?

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:04 am

Steve:

I guess you could say I was/am a woodworker. I have been a cabinet/furniture maker most of my life - 5 decades. Almost finished my master's ticket in Germany while I was posted to CFB Lahr back in the 80's, but ended up being re-patted before I could finish. Had my own cabinet/store fixture business for about 3 decades. Now I am rebuilding and I will be concentrating on the really important things in life - making toys and things for Em and the kids (well they are all in their 20's now) and my granddaughter. My whole life really has been in the construction/fine woodworking industry with toys being my absolute favourite right after jigs, tools and other things to make woodworking easier. Unfortunately health issues have put a crimp into my productivity but we are slowly rebuilding my shop making it easier for me to work in my favourite place.

I have a few pics of Santa's Workshop at the North Pole - during that posting to Alert it was a blast as I was able to make some toys for soon to be born son Duane as well as his cradle and stuff. I love woodworking but making toys really is the most satisfying. Toys I made Duane when he was young he still has on the shelf today -- which I didn't know until a little while ago.

I really would like to see more of these doo-dads of yours. They are quite unique, the lines are impressive and fluid .. perfectly proportioned. Amazing craftsmanship. I am very impressed.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:08 pm

Owned a Shops Smith Mark 2 for over 40 years. Used it to make wooden toys for my kids and then grand kids. Kids and wife have some of the more elaborate toys on display.

The toys the little kids really liked were the animated pull toys; frog that hopped, dinosaurs the head and tail bobbed, snake that weaved back and forth.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Projects Forum”