This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 voltage regulator

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
wagonmaster
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14830
Tractors Owned: 108
1969 154
1971 154

154 voltage regulator

Postby wagonmaster » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:58 pm

My voltage regulator wont charge unless i tap it with a screwdriver or something. Anybody got any fix ideas. :help:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: 154 voltage regulator

Postby Rudi » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:37 am

Tapping on a regulator or any part with a screwdriver to me automatically indicates problems. I would think that you probably have an iffy regulator and it may need to be replaced. Also, check all the grounds. It may be a simple a fix as that. Make sure all grounds are clean and bright.

I don't have anything on the 154 as in a IH Service Manual but I do have a bit on the I&T IH-Series Shop Manuals - IH-38 1974 Edition Complete

As was mentioned in a previous thread, you could check the regulator itself - basically for corrosion or the points actually opening and closing, but adjusting may make other problems appear. Check the grounds first then if that doesn't help, you could take the regulator to an Authorized AC Delco Service Centre. They could check it and if it is bad then you could get a good quality OEM replacement (or a warranted replacement that they offer. Mine was an RCP13227 - Generator and Cut-Out)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 154 voltage regulator

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:38 am

yes see HamiltonBobsCubs at the bottom of the page and get you one, After you have CHECKED all the connections and the grounds That may fix it
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”