This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cam/crank timing help

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
preachermanhull
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28020

cam/crank timing help

Postby preachermanhull » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:26 pm

O.K. guys...i'm new to the forum and new to the cub engine. I'm rebuilding the engine for a friend and need help aligning the internal timing marks. I know i could get this info from a service manual but i hate to have to buy one just for this build. A picture or written instructions on getting it all back in time would be a great help. I know what your thinking...why didn't he take a pic before disassembly...well, i got it in pieces! Any help would be greatly appreciated! It may be a lot simpler than i think i just know it will have to be done and would like to have the info on hand in advance.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: cam/crank timing help

Postby Barnyard » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:01 pm

Why not just use the free manuals provided by this forum using the links on the upper right? They will show you everything you need to know and probably easier to explain.

There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

preachermanhull
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby preachermanhull » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:40 am

thanks for the help! I actually did try the manuals on here but could seem to find the one i needed..guess i just overlooked it. But you posted exactly what i need...awesome, time to get to work!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:47 am

G'day to you and welcome. As Bill said, the manuals are available for free - like an on-line lending library .. print out the pages you need if you don't have a computer in the shop:

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

preachermanhull
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby preachermanhull » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:36 am

Thanks so much guys..the cub is back together and running like a singer sowing machine! A few minor adjustments here and there and it'll be ready to start the paint work!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:43 pm

Ok congrats :applause: on getting her running like a top. That be good. But, where are the pictures :?: :?: :?: :?: Image We likes pictures :wink:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”