This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Z-Biddy scam

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Z-Biddy scam

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:55 pm

I just received an email from a company called E-Biddy. After doing a little investigating I learned they claim to be a penny auction site that sells high dollar items for really low prices. As soon as you sign up They charge your credit card for $159, before you ever bid. You are supposed to be able to spend that $159 on bids, but there are many reports that you cannot bid even after being charged. You are also charged for each bid, whether you win or not. Remember, if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Z-Biddy scam

Postby Eugene » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:42 am

QuiBids. Seen the advertisement many times on TV. Something just doesn't seem right so never bothered to investigate. Until today. One article discussing the penny bidding program follows.

http://reviewopedia.com/workathome/quib ... ds-a-scam/
I have an excuse. CRS.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:45 am

Eugene wrote:QuiBids. Seen the advertisement many times on TV. Something just doesn't seem right so never bothered to investigate. Until today. One article discussing the penny bidding program follows.

http://reviewopedia.com/workathome/quib ... ds-a-scam/

My Trend Micro just blocked "reviewopedia.com" as a dangerous web page. Never been there before. I don't know if it is malicious by design or has been hacked or what.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:51 am

Don't know Jim. I just reloaded the site. Pass through my computer's security systems. I'm using AVG and if a suspicious site pops up, it blocks the site and provides me with a notice of the blockage.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:05 pm

Trend Micro's site safety center is currently saying:
Is it safe?
Dangerous
The latest tests indicate that this URL contains malicious software or could defraud visitors.
How would you categorize this URL?
Disease Vector
Sites that directly or indirectly facilitate the distribution of malicious software or source code

I have run into situations where a site had a problem that has been cleared up but Trend still have the site tagged. That may be what has happened in this case.

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 pm

While I never registered for any of the penny auctions, some comments by others lead me to believe that whatever you bid is deducted from your account and kept by the auction, even if you are not the ultimate and final high bidder. They could potentially collect huge amounts (from large numbers of bidders) on some sales that end at low prices. Don't bet against the "house".
Luck favors those who are prepared

Return to “Off Topic”