This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

One project almost finished, just in time for another

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

One project almost finished, just in time for another

Postby Thackery » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Well, I gave up the last 7+ months remodeling our kitchen from the studs and joists up, and I have not made it to a Cub event or visited the forum much. The kitchen project is almost complete with just a few outlets to install etc. Remodeling a kitchen is on my "I'll never do that again list" Along with: Slaughtering chickens, roofing the barn solo.
The new project, new land and a new (to us) barn. After many years of trying we had the option to purchase this land and barn that is adjacent to our current property. We are not really sure what we are going to use it for yet but we will raise chickens, both meat, and layers, as well as keep a large garden for corn, squash, and pumpkins. It will also be the new Cub house, since there is plenty of room and the old barn we have is mostly filled with mowers, and woodworking stuff. I would like to eventually have a couple of horses for trail riding, but I'm not in any hurry.
The land is flat and tillable, the barn is big and has utilities, electric, well, etc. First thing I have to get done is put on new gutters, as the previous ones got torn off in one of the ice storms the last couple of years. The place is a mess at this time, the previous owner rented it for several years so there some trash and everything is just plain dirty.
I always thought it would be a great place for a Cubfest!!

Thackery
1953 Cub, Sickle Mower, 42" Mower, Cultivators, 189 Double Plow, 54 Blade, Grader Blade
1968 Lo-Boy w/1000 Loader, 1957 Lo-Boy w/FH, FH Disc, FH Potato Plow.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jason (IL)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60936
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub SN 8664
48 Cub
50 Demo
54 Cub
3-55 Cub
2-56 Cub
55 LOBOY SN 876
57 LOBOY
58 French Cub
2- 60 LOBOY
69 Cub
54 Super M
42 H
48 H
57 300LP
57 450
Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 149
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: One project almost finished, just in time for another

Postby Jason (IL) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:19 pm

I know what mean by I'll never do that again list, I been working on my kitchen since July, I am making all new cabinets myself and just got the upper cabinets finished today. Only have a pantry and Island left to make. Except I bought this house knbowing I would have to do all of this work. I started with a new roof and then gutted the main floor. Never know what your going to get with a Forclosure home, and so far things have turned out great.

Good luck, something always pops up when you think you may get a break for once.

Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thackery » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:40 am

I love to do projects but tearing away the kitchen and the family room at the same time really disrupted the household. It's all coming together now and we are very happy with it. Good luck with your remodel.
We are up at 5 today talking about grouting the backsplash and hanging the last door.
Thackery
1953 Cub, Sickle Mower, 42" Mower, Cultivators, 189 Double Plow, 54 Blade, Grader Blade

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Gary Dotson » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:52 am

It's great to hear from you, Doug! We thought you had fallen off the face of the earth! It sounds like a big project you're working on there! Just know that it will all be worth it! Nice score on the adjacent property!

Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thackery » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:41 am

Hey there Gary, missed not having a cup of coffee with this year.
Looking forward to doing anything but remodeling.
I missed not going to a Cub event.

The first thing in my new barn was of course a Cub. Soon to be followed by two more.

Just remembered, how much is a 3 point york rake worth?
There is one for sale near me. I would like to convert it to fasthitch.

Thackery

Return to “Projects Forum”