This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

David Bradly Hammer mill

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

David Bradly Hammer mill

Postby cowboy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:33 am

I've been wanting a hammer mill since Barnyard Bill had IH one powered from a flat belt off one of his cubs 3-4 years ago at Rick's cubfest. Seeing how nicely and quickly his ground corn into feed I just had to have one.

I have been looking since then for one. And the few I've seen I was too late for or they wanted too much. Found a David Bradly hammer mill sold by Sears at the auction last weekend. Now I can grow my own oats and corn and grind it up for Dancer. And not have to buy that expensive horse feed.

I have to pull a big dent out of the blower housing that won't let it spin and make up a bag feeder for it. But I can't wait to try it out.

It came with three screens. I'm guessing its for different fineness of the output?

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: David Bradly Hammer mill

Postby Barnyard » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:41 am

Looks like a winner Billy. You are correct in thinking the different screens are for the fineness of the grain.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:47 am

Thanks Bill

I'll be looking up the pictures of yours to see how to make the duct work for the bag filler. Glad I was able to save it the guy bidding against me was going to take it in for scrap. I think it was $40 well spent :D

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:55 am

Let me know if you need any specific pix.

You did good at that price. Too bad the other weren't there.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:38 pm

Billy,

Looks good. For horse feed, avoid making powder. Too much dust and that is not good for horses. Mix in some liquid molasses (sweet feed) and you will be good to go.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks Bill

I'll need some dimensions on the separator/hopper? But its going to be a winter project so I'll worry about it latter. Got too much stuff in the air right now.

Thanks Bill H

Thats good to know. I have three screens so I'll have to try them and see what works best.

Billy

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Bill I knew a farmer used a big commercial grinder on corn to make feed.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

Postby daddydip » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Nice size Cowboy, I had a David Bradley that John informed me ( in the nicest of ways ) what kind of power it would take to turn , I passed that one on and ended up with something smaller. Picked up a bucket of corn meal from Ed and that is what I will call motivation :wink:
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:17 am

Howdy Bill

I had a chance to buy a big tub grinder last year. But it was rusted out pretty bad. This seems to be all I'll need for a long time. And it looks to be in great shape other than than the missing bagger.

Hello Michael

I'll just have to see how much power it takes, It looked to be about the size of Bill's. I may have to keep the feed rate down but if it grinds as fast as Bill's I'll be happy.

Billy

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:29 am

Nice find Billy, looks like it will be a real useful thing for you to play work with. :wink:

With all your recent auction finds I will have to retract your “Ax Man” name and call you “Auction King”! :D
David

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks David

I usually only hit one auction a year. But its a big farm equ auction and usually runs from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm with 4=5 auctioneers going at the same time all day. I usually only hit the spring auction but I had two cars I wanted to get rid of so I took them down there to the fall auction and sent almost all of what I got for the cars on other stuff there.

I also got a little bell to put up at the farm. Paid more than I wanted. But they don't come up that often.

And I got a tree transplanter at the auction too. I've been looking for one for over a year. It needs some work done to it and its smaller than I wanted. But the price and location were right.

Finally got my own disks. Now I'm no longer stuck using the rototiller or having to borrow one.

Another ford power pic. Ya don't always have to have big truck to haul farm equ.

While we were there we saw some mini bleachers my Brother and I were looking at them and thinking they were pretty cool. I said to Tommy they probably weren't for sale they most likely use them at there other auctions. A minute latter I heard "now we are going to
auction the bleachers. Oops impulse buy!

Oh well probably put two up by the bonfire pit at the farm and two in the gravel pit for shooting benches. And now that my Neice and Nephew are both in band there going to have to give us a concert now.

Billy

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:07 am

Auction King,

Yea, been following your finds on FB, I like the bell for sure! My grandpa wanted one, found it while visiting us in Memphis when I was a kid. He took it back to his place in NE and mounted on a pole and it “called grandpa to dinner” for many years. My dad took it to Texas after grandpa passed and has it mounted on a post. It will one day be back in Nebraska at the same place grandpa had it! :wink:

There has been one listed on craigslist here for some time…. for $800… will be there for some time I suspect!

Thanks for sharing,
David

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Some awesome stuff Billy! I have been avoiding auctions lately, two in one day with Cubs listed. One in NY and the other in CT. I keep telling myself I need to clear out the 'projects' I have first, yet there always is something I gotta have at an auction.

The grinder and bell are top notch. I have been giving bells as wedding presents lately. Guy with his own forge makes some great ones up in Maine. A visit to www.usbells.com will probably make you feel good about the price of yours.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:33 pm

Nice snags Billy. I like the David Bradley, the bell and the rest of the toys. Man can't have too many :wink: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:59 am

David

It is great to have a bell with a history like that. I too need a bell to all me in. I am usually out and about the property at the farm. I tell my friends and cousins that if they come looking for me and I'm not around the buildings to hit their horn as I am probably not too far away. But then never do maybe they will remember to ring the bell when I get it up.

Larry thats why I usually only go to one auction a year. Plus most of the stuff I get here I have to haul to the farm and I have to figure in time and fuel. On the other hand there are not many deals on stuff near the farm. UP there they are wanting the same size stuff I want. And down here its too small and they are just getting rid of it. If I had to give that much for a bell I wouldn't have gotten one.

Thanks Rudi

I'm getting closer to having all the equ I need so I can move to the farm and make a partial living farming. Been looking for a corn picker sheller. But they want as much for one of those as they do for a small combine. Either way both are still way to expensive for me to buy right now. But I'm still watching for a deal.

Billy

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”