This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Correcting torque values with coated bolt threads

Any other helpful tips you may have.
Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Correcting torque values with coated bolt threads

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:11 pm

I found these "rule-of-thumb" torque coefficient values for various bolt thread coatings right here on the fabulous internet:

Multiply the torque value by 0.75 when adding grease or oil to bolt threads. Multiply the torque value by 0.65 when adding an anti-seize compound. Multiply the torque value by 0.50 when adding gear oil, Never-Sieze, or Moly-Cote.

If you want exact torque coefficients for specific brands and compounds, get yourself a copy of "Handyman In-Your-Pocket" by Richard Young and Thomas Glover (Sequoia Publishing). It's a nice compilation of figures and formulas for just about anything you'd want and more.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1885071299/qid=1124233813/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-6799959-9310400?v=glance&s=books
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:35 pm

Nice info Carl. Thanks for the effort, good work :!:
8)

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:23 pm

Rudi - this would make another nice addition for the manual server! (hint, hint)

Great work lurker dude!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Miscellaneous Ideas”