This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A Visit to the Barnyard

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

A Visit to the Barnyard

Postby Barnyard » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Here I was minding my own business this afternoon thinking of something humorous (or was that humorless) to post to the forum when the doorbell rang and roused me from a deep sleep. When I opened the door there stood a good looking fellow with a big grin on his face. The first thing he said was, "Bill Weisbrodt?", I said yes and he said "Vern Wilson!" Oh mercy, the only Wilson I ever remember was a pretty girl named Debbie. Don't tell me this is, no it couldn't be! At least I hope not! Then he said "VW from the forum! How are ya?"

It turns out VW, from up in Michigan, and his wife Jean were on their way home from a trip to Tennessee and thought they would stop for a visit as they passed through. We chatted for a few minutes and then I asked if he and Jean would like a tour of the barnyard. Of course they did, so we headed to the back. Usually the free tour consists of the visitors running fast through the yard while being chased by the dogs, (Corky may remember this from several years ago) but since Vern and Jean probably spent enough on gas just to make the trip I gave them the deluxe tour free of charge. The deluxe tour consists of me locking the dogs up so they don't chase you.

While Vern and I discussed Cubs, wood working and ancestors who owned Farmalls when we were young lads, Rosie and Jean discussed two old guys who wished they were still young lads. We had a great time talking about just about everything Cub and whatever else popped up.

I'm glad they could drop by. It's always nice to meet new members of the forum, especially when they are good folks like Vern and Jean. I hope we can see more of them in the future.

Thanks for dropping in! Let's hope a Cubfest or two is in your future.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK

Re: A Visit to the Barnyard

Postby Winfield Dave » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:17 am

Barnyard wrote:...thinking of something humorous to post..........from a deep sleep.
Bill...I never knew you were ambidextrous !! :lol: :lol:
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:29 am

Sounds like you had a great time. Vern, I imagine doesn't look anything like Debbie :lol: which probably made Jean happy :roll: Glad they enjoyed the visit with you, Rosie and BOB :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:21 am

Barnyard wrote:.................................... when the doorbell rang and roused me from a deep sleep. When I opened the door there stood a good looking fellow with..................................

I knew you were still asleep and this feterlizer proves it. Vern

Corky's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30607
Tractors Owned: Just One:
1957 Farmall Cub
"Corky"s Cub"

Postby Corky's Cub » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:42 pm

"Usually the free tour consists of the visitors running fast through the yard while being chased by the dogs, (Corky may remember this from several years ago) but since Vern and Jean probably spent enough on gas just to make the trip I gave them the deluxe tour free of charge."

Vern, all I remember about Barnyard's dogs, is that they were darned-near as nice as he and Rosie! But as for runnin fast through the yard, I hope ole Bill moved that hidden lawyer-trap he disguised under the tall grass as a sickle mower! :mrgreen:

All kiddin aside, a better host there never was...ceppin maybe Ms. Janet with her German-Chocolate Kookies and that ole feller she's married to...he's kinda nice too! :lol:

Corky
I found this old Cub, Forgotten and Forlorn,
With pistons and valves frozen and worn.
Help from my buddies on Farmallcub.com,
And an engine from Ralph, (37’s the one),
Now ole Corky is running and back to life,
Much to the surprise of my dear, dear wife!

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:48 pm

Corky's Cub wrote:I hope ole Bill moved that hidden lawyer-trap he disguised under the tall grass as a sickle mower!

Most guys use their sickle mowers to cut their tall grass. I use my tall grass to hide my sickle mowers. :lol: By the way, the dogs know where the mowers are so they don't trip when chasing intruders. :D
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Corky's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30607
Tractors Owned: Just One:
1957 Farmall Cub
"Corky"s Cub"

Postby Corky's Cub » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:33 pm

LOL :lol:
I found this old Cub, Forgotten and Forlorn,
With pistons and valves frozen and worn.
Help from my buddies on Farmallcub.com,
And an engine from Ralph, (37’s the one),
Now ole Corky is running and back to life,
Much to the surprise of my dear, dear wife!

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”