This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pneumatic "Lift-All"

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Steve Woods
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 34705
Circle of Safety: Y

Pneumatic "Lift-All"

Postby Steve Woods » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Here's my 1945 A the way I acquired it:

The lift was not working because the old exhaust manifold had holes in it. I took the lift off the tractor and have it stored in my barn. It is complete and the piston moves up and down freely when I apply a little air pressure from the compressor so I feel sure I could clean it up with a little routine maintanence, put it back on the tractor and have it operational with the new manifold I have since installed. But I have also, since this picture, reunited the tractor with it's origninal 46" IH Danco mower deck and put a manual lever lift on which makes a lot more practical sense, in my way of thinking, than the clunky cumbersome exhaust powered pneumatic lift...

...Except for the coolness factor of having a 1945 Farmall A with a Pneumatic "Lift-All" that is. Should I re-install the "Lift-All" one of these days just for historical purposes or is there enough interest in these lift units out there to warrent offering the lift for sale to someone wanting it for their tractor?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dusti Snider
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24739
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall "M" - Restored
1949 Farmall Cub - Original "Blue Ribbon Reconditioned"
1953 Farmall Super AI
1934 Farmall F-12
1929 Farmall Regular
1956 Ford 640
1972 Ford 4000
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Pneumatic "Lift-All"

Postby Dusti Snider » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:48 pm

I'd be inclined to keep it on there. You just don't see that many of 'em, at least around here, that are still intact, much less working. Nice looking tractor!

Member IHCC Chapter 37 & 42 - North Carolina

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”