This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Short front tool bars

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
TCryer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75948

Short front tool bars

Postby TCryer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:33 am

I have one of those questions that probrally has a obvious answer But I haven't found it yet ,,, I always see the Short front tool bars for sale and they are 99% of the time for the same side ,, so what is the deal with them ?? I also got a set when I bought my cub (both for the right side ) and got me to looking for a left one , that's when I figured out there must be some application for them being the same ,, can somebody please enlighten me on this ?,, thanks in advance ,,,
Also could somebody tell me what size sprocket should be on a counter shaft for driving a sidedresser ? I bought a planter, sidedresser a few weeks ago and looking at the manuals , it looks like the outside sprocket is a little smaller than the inside (the one that drive the planter) but mine are the same size ,,? What is the result ? More fertilizer ? Less fetilizer ? Thanks for any help ,,

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Short front tool bars

Postby Former Member » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:51 am

the short toolbar is for th SA-140 tractors cultivators I believe. Others are better informed.

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby RaymondDurban » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:09 pm

The "short" tool bars are used on the SA-140 series highcrops for rear tire clearance.
As for the reason why you ended up with two, I don't know. All the ones I've seen have been matching pairs.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:28 pm

The short front tool bars were on the early SAs and they both look the same :D The newer ones are like the 140s They were an option on SAs I think I do not like them as they limit what you can do in the way of mounting the shanks I am not sure what screwstick is talking about, but It is not the tool bars that I think you are referring too. As to the size of the sprockets there were many different combinations that could be had by changing the sprockets more to do with seed spacing. The type of star wheel in the hopper controls the amount of fertilizer that you put down .
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:22 pm

I'll defer to David about the tool bars. He's been around these things much more than me! :D

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:05 pm

They are for the A-144 (Super A) cultivator with the 4 sweep front section. The left and right bars are identical. Check the manuals linked above:
http://www.farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/index.php?dirpath=./files/Cultivator%20parts&order=0
Download the PDF on this page then scroll down to page L-18.

TCryer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75948

Postby TCryer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:09 am

Thanks for all the info fellers, I knew I could get a educated answer ,, Sounds like they need to head to eBay ! They were just extra parts I got with the deal ,, really just wondering for curosity sake ,,, as for the sprockets on the planter drive , they will probrally be fine , just need to set it all up and see how It works and go from there , it was supposedly used to plant corn just like it sets , just wanted to get all my ducks in a row before I started planting next spring , and try to get anything I may need between now and then ,, thanks again for the info ,,

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:05 pm

The Super A/100/140 cultivator is not perfectly centered on the tractor. The two "short" bars are the same to accomplish "centering" your tools on the cultivator. If you examine any of the toolbars closely, they are made to sort of shift everything to the right. The "long" ones have a different bend for the LH bar verses the right. I prefer the two "short" bars for most of what I do. The long ones are in the way sometimes.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”