This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

penetrating oils

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

penetrating oils

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:47 am

I was raised working on old machinery, and have used everything from kerosene on up for getting rusted bolts out. I did not have access to a torch, but did have a VERY OLD AC welder, and over the years I got pretty good at burning the heads of bolts off with the welder and doing minimal damage to the surrounding material. The old time Liquid Wrench was and still is good where you have a lot of bolts to loosen, but it does take time. I have over the years used about everything on the market, and for years believed that Kroil was about the best there was, and I still have a half gallon of it that I keep in a spray bottle for large applications.

A few months ago I bought a can of Sea Foam Deep Creep to try. After using it a few times on applications where I did not expect it to help I have bought a couple more cans to keep on the shelf in case i run out. I can safely say that in my non controlled tests it is by far the best thing I have seen for loosening rusted and stuck parts and bolts. The first time it really got my attention was when I was working on a neighbors Yerf Dog CUV, where the bearings that carry the brake assembly on the axle were rusted in place in the brake housing. I had tried removing them with some serious use of a punch and hammer, but not been able to budge them. In desperation I grabbed the Deep Creep and gave them a quick shot. When I came back a couple minutes later it only took a few taps to remove each of them. I have been a believer ever since.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: penetrating oils

Postby danovercash » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:08 pm

A little off topic, but last week I was at the scrap metal recycling place. (I always manage to bring back more than I take, LOL!) Found a useable 6.50x8 tire. Made a deal and worker went to get a saw to remove rim from axle. I says wait a minuet, and went to the truck and got a can of PTFE spray. Shot some on axle and when I picked it up and shook it once the trasnsaxle shaft fell out of the wheel!
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: penetrating oils

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:38 pm

I learned over the week end that Deep Creep is real good at removing road oil after they sprayed our county road with oil in preparation for the paving they did today. Tried it and WD40 side by side for a comparison and Deep Creep dissolved the road oil faster than WD40, though the difference was small.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”