This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Red Power Round Up.. who was there?

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
sgtbull
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62854
Tractors Owned: '36 JD B,
'40 and '46 Farmall H,
'50 Ford 8n '55 Farmall Cub,
'55 JD 70 allfuel,
lots of other toys
Circle of Safety: Y

Red Power Round Up.. who was there?

Postby sgtbull » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Spent the better part of two days at the red power round up in Duquoin... absolutely amazing! Over 2000 tractors, or so I was told, and a plethora of cubs and cub owners! After playing "where's waldo" with EJP for the first hour or so, (he's remarkably elusive on that souped up scooter of his!) , I perused the parts vendors for over 2 hrs.. and still doubt I saw all of the "deals." I did pick up a nice drawbar and brackets very reasonably after playing a bit of Picker's dickering.
The first day I drove my squad, (one of the perks of the M/sgt gig), and ended up assisting with a subject who was "messed up" at the front gate. I had just pulled up to talk to ask a show official a question, but was politely waiting as he was on the phone. Little did I know, he had just been called about an man having problems, and he was surprised to see me pulled up along side of him. He was unclear if the subject was drunk or it was a medical problem, so I buzzed over to the front gate, where the subject was, and found an 84 yr old man with heat exhaustion. I took care of him, getting him cooled down and transported him to a cooling station. It was one HOT day for sure. The show official was kind enough to give me a few gate passes for the next day, when I came back. As I was hauling a tractor on Saturday, I didn't have to pay to get in, so I handed the passes off to a random couple I saw at the gate. They were pleased as punch and it made me feel good too.
I've worked the state fair on those grounds for several yrs, so I know all of the backroads and shortcuts, but in the sea of red, it all looked very different... Where there would normally be a beer tent, there were a bunch of tractors... where the carnival would be, there were a bunch of tractors.... where the kid's RR would be.. yeah.. you guessed it... a bunch of tractors! Even the cattle barns were filled with red parts instead of red Herfords.. Besides tractors, there were trucks, plows, engines, implements of all types, an exhibition hall full of really cool stuff, (I really liked the IH Garand rifles..... The ISP firing range was right across the road but the owner wasn't too keen on THAT idea!) There were at least a dozen old high wheel, chain drive trucks and much much else. If you didn't get to go, you missed quite a show. I saw license plates from all over the US and several from Canada.
Ironically, on Wed, I was patrolling south in I-57 when I had occassion to talk to a driver of a tt/st from Iowa, that had a bit of a heavy foot.. (not too bad, but enough it caught my attention.) After a momentary discussion on "velocity", I learned his destination and what he was hauling. Yup... red tractors. I think I suprised him by being able to "speak tractor." We had a nice conversation about his tractors and I gave him good directions to the fairgrounds entrance and off he went... (no, I didn't write him a ticket....not even a warning... there were plenty more fish in the sea that were faster to deal with, and he was obviously a pretty good guy. After all, he restores TRACTORS!)
It was nice to put faces with the names of several members of this forum, like Cub Bud, Stanton, and several which I already knew. Just out of curiosity, how many members DID attend?? Respond and let us all know.
I took scads of pics, but upon trying to load them, found that they were too large for photohost to accept. I'll have to resize them and try later.
Last edited by sgtbull on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've never met a tractor I didn't like....but I have found some that were greatly annoying....

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Re: Fed Power Round Up.. who was there?

Postby Steve Butram » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:14 am

I was there from Tuesday until Friday morning with Tryke and Rat Cub on display.
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

bear32055
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62258
Tractors Owned: 3-1955 FCubs serial numbers 191155,191156 and 191158
1958 fcub

Re: Red Power Round Up.. who was there?

Postby bear32055 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:45 am

i was there thursday and friday....i saw your tractor but never saw da bull...i did talk at length with the gent who owned the french diesel 'C' that was featured in the red power magazine and that alone was worth the trip....also talked to the man who makes the exact duplicate miniature tractors and u cannot believe this guys talent....very very enjoyable 2 days for me

midmo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65018
Tractors Owned: 1947 cub #11248
1948 #39811 trimmed dash
1950 VAC Case

Postby midmo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:57 am

Was there also. Thursday 11:00-5:00 and Friday 8:00-3:00. Should have stayed until 5:00 Saint Louis traffic sucks big time.
Ron

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:07 am

I was there at the same time as SteveB. I had Cubota & Scotty (George Willers 57 Cub). We ran into quite a few forum members, but I'm terrible with names and can't remember half the guys I talked to. It really was a great show and great time.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Thursday afternoon to Saturday afternoon. Looks like I missed seeing/meeting a few members.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:53 pm

I was there Wed. thru Sat. Sold the Lo Boy :big afro: Had to sit with the Lo boy, and sold some small stuff. Sat with David Cripps (Intl385) and his Family at their BIG parts spread.

I rode around one evening for 45 min, taking pics of ROWS of tractors, and could not get to all of the rows, or groups of rows. :big smirk:

I liked all the tractors, but my favs outside the cubs were the orchard tractors
Attachments
1342831411510.jpg
1342831411510.jpg (30.4 KiB) Viewed 631 times
1342831376635.jpg
1342831376635.jpg (29.28 KiB) Viewed 631 times

Anonymous_h
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Anonymous_h » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:23 pm

Nice pics Dale - glad to hear you sold the Lo-boy! Now you be sure and give that $$ to Jan :shock:
I am going to try and make it to next years in Ohio

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Homstead wrote:Nice pics Dale - glad to hear you sold the Lo-boy! Now you be sure and give that $$ to Jan :shock:
I am going to try and make it to next years in Ohio

Nope Brad, Julie gets the biggest share of it. She loaned me some for my truck. the rest is to replace the lo boy with an older fixer upper cub, but NOT another LO Boy :big smirk: :big smirk:

It is time to rescue another :big afro:

hpierce
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62814
Tractors Owned: 1947 Circle Cub
1948 Cub
1949 Cub
1955 Lo-Boy
1966 Lo-Boy
1970 Cub
1946 Farmall A

Postby hpierce » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:22 pm

I was there from Wednesday until Saturday afternoon with my 47 Cub and Farmall A. Talked to a lot of forum members and had a great time.

sgtbull
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62854
Tractors Owned: '36 JD B,
'40 and '46 Farmall H,
'50 Ford 8n '55 Farmall Cub,
'55 JD 70 allfuel,
lots of other toys

Postby sgtbull » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:02 pm

I was wondering if you were there Dale... looks like I missed ya again.. are you sure you're not simply Ponymaster posting under an assumed name and talking to himself???
I've never met a tractor I didn't like....but I have found some that were greatly annoying....

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Well, I know he talks to himself, and answers himself too. But I am much better looking than he is. :mrgreen:

We shall meet some day.

Dale

bradm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46112
Tractors Owned: 47' Cub
49' H
55' 300U
47' Oliver 70 Row Crop
Mott mower
cultivators
#8 2-14 Little Genius Plow

Postby bradm » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:56 pm

was there on Thursday. Planned on staying Friday, but it was just too hot for my dad to handle. Came home late Thursday. Enjoyed the show.

Dale, drawbar is now straight :wink: :D :{_}:

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:14 pm

I was there from early afternoon Wednesday through the membership meeting on Saturday afternoon. I lost track of which forum members I saw. The first was Harlan as he had a couple Cub Express items to deliver to me. I saw John Puckett twice, both times he was on his tractor heading in some other direction. I never did catch up with him.

Edit to add:
Saturday morning I went back to registration to see if I could get some statistics. Total registrations was approaching 1,200. There were about 3 dozen 1206s. But they didn't keep any running totals of the exhibits. Thus, nobody really has any idea how many tractors were there. They do have registration sheets so they could go back and count them up. I don't know if they plan to do that.

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:53 am

My wife and I were there on Thursday. Enjoyed seeing other members and all the tractors. Know I missed some people AND sights, but was just passing through the area on our way home from Nashville.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”