Computer Question? Help

How do I.... ?

Moderator: Team Cub

Computer Question? Help

Postby Jason (IL) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:16 am

My new computer, windows 7, has been giving me fits lately. I am on my work computer asking how to fix. I have high speed internet at home.

The website comes up quick no problem, but when I go to click on message board it is really slow to come up, once I get the board index to come up after about 5 min of waiting, it takes another 10 min to get the new post to pop up or anthing else. I come to school to read the new post weekly now cause it is so much faster.

I also have a problem when I try to google something, it will not work at all, says network error. I was told I caught a virus and then told I have a anti virus setting wrong. Anybody help me out as to whats wrong??
:lost:
Thanks
Jason
Jason (IL)
10+ Years
10+ Years

Zip Code: 60936
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub SN 8664
48 Cub
50 Demo
54 Cub
55 Cub
2-56 Cub
55 LOBOY SN 876
57 LOBOY
2- 60 LOBOY
54 Super M
57 300LP
57 450
Cub Cadet 123
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Computer Question? Help

Postby Dennis » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:57 pm

Jason, your problem sounds pretty strange and that often can be attributed to some form of virus or malware. If you don't have anti-virus software installed, find a good online scanner first, then get some anti-virus software (Microsoft has their free Essentials anti-virus if money is tight). You should also do a malware scan with a good tool like: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Let us know what you find.
Dennis
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday." ~ John Wayne
Dennis
Site Admin

Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: @farmallcubcom

Re: Computer Question? Help

Postby beaconlight » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:00 pm

Jason I have windows 7 on my Dell laptop and it works fine. Do what Dennis says. I use Avast anti virus. It is free for home users.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop
beaconlight
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Zip Code: 10314

Return to Message Board & Computer Questions