This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Computer Question? Help

How do I.... ?
Jason (IL)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60936
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub SN 8664
48 Cub
50 Demo
54 Cub
3-55 Cub
2-56 Cub
55 LOBOY SN 876
57 LOBOY
58 French Cub
2- 60 LOBOY
69 Cub
54 Super M
42 H
48 H
57 300LP
57 450
Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 149
Circle of Safety: Y

Computer Question? Help

Postby Jason (IL) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:16 am

My new computer, windows 7, has been giving me fits lately. I am on my work computer asking how to fix. I have high speed internet at home.

The website comes up quick no problem, but when I go to click on message board it is really slow to come up, once I get the board index to come up after about 5 min of waiting, it takes another 10 min to get the new post to pop up or anthing else. I come to school to read the new post weekly now cause it is so much faster.

I also have a problem when I try to google something, it will not work at all, says network error. I was told I caught a virus and then told I have a anti virus setting wrong. Anybody help me out as to whats wrong??
:lost:
Thanks
Jason

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Computer Question? Help

Postby Dennis » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:57 pm

Jason, your problem sounds pretty strange and that often can be attributed to some form of virus or malware. If you don't have anti-virus software installed, find a good online scanner first, then get some anti-virus software (Microsoft has their free Essentials anti-virus if money is tight). You should also do a malware scan with a good tool like: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Let us know what you find.
Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Re: Computer Question? Help

Postby beaconlight » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:00 pm

Jason I have windows 7 on my Dell laptop and it works fine. Do what Dennis says. I use Avast anti virus. It is free for home users.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”