This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My other passion...

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Re: My other passion...

Postby outdoors4evr » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:15 am

Electrics are mostly nice "get into the hobby" planes. No field box or engine tinkering required.
I am liking them for powered gliders too. Nice to shut down the motor and then be able to restart in flight.
Batteries are not cheap though. Go through a lot of these and gotta keep managing them.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby sdurnal » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:29 pm

Latest in the hanger.... Great planes Pete-n-Poke (bashed into a stand-off scale Pietenpol Air Camper) 68" w/s Magnum 70 four stroke engine spinning a 13 X 6 prop. JR8103 radio BB servos. Ready for maiden flight this weekend. (engine's not run yet) Graphics are my own design. (yes I stuck all those 3/4" white checkerboards on the horizontal stab individually) Built from a box of balsa & plywood and a set of plans. I hope you like...
Attachments
photopete.jpg

CPIII
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77355
eBay ID: czechiii
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub SN 54XXX (Captain Crunch)
47 Farmall A (Patches)

Postby CPIII » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:39 am

Very nice.....I know what is involved with the checker board patterns.....Tiger 60 Deluxe (Air Retracts) Never flown....built it over 12 years ago...may be too brittle by now to actually fly. You don't find too many real kits anymore.....and that is what I enjoyed the most.....getting a box of stick and balsa sheets and in a month or so you have an airplane......now the art of building is fading.

Dcp00359.jpg

Dcp00357.jpg

Thought I would get back to flying again AS(After Softball) but now I am hooked on powder coating...Maybe after I get this Mower rebuilt.....I have renewed my AMA membership and found a flying field close to me...so Now just have to make the time.
Charles Patek III
Some days - Chicken.......Some days - Feathers
Words to live by....

sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow

Postby sdurnal » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Tiger 60's are sweet fliers.. And yes, you do have to make time occasionally, Charles. ARF's have pretty much eliminated building anymore, they are less expensive than the kit in some cases. Check the clue joints for deterioration, pressure test the fuel tank, and replace the fuel lines and receiver battery... She'll go...
P.S. You'll need some ailerons.

CPIII
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77355
eBay ID: czechiii
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub SN 54XXX (Captain Crunch)
47 Farmall A (Patches)

Postby CPIII » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:04 am

Yep...she's got ailerons now......and Sponge Bob as the pilot....that was just after I had finished the checkerboard.......and to be honest on this one I cheated and used checkerboard monokote :big smile: but i have done the individual square also on a Large scale Rocket I built. Hopefully I will get back to flying one day. But I really miss the building itself much more than the flying.
Charles Patek III
Some days - Chicken.......Some days - Feathers
Words to live by....

Return to “Projects Forum”